Chapter Twenty-Seven

Start from the beginning

Zane nodded. "Cole's right, it's best we press forward while Morro doesn't know we're here." There was something here, something powerful that Morro was most likely recklessly heading towards as a last resort in trying to summon the cursed realm. But what was it that was hidden in these woods that he could possibly need that he believed could aid him?

Lloyd had no clue what was going through Morro's thoughts other than desire to harm anything and everything involving him. "Let's keep moving. I think from here it's best to split into two parties. With our trackers on, we can keep checking on each other. If we find anything, report it."

They all nodded and a plan was made where Cole, Skylor, and Jay went one way and Lloyd, Nya, and Zane went another.

(Lloyd, Nya, and Zane Pov.)

The three traveled, low to the ground. They couldn't take chances of being seen if ghosts were patrolling from above. So it was best keeping low to the ground and staying hidden under the untamed life and plants that have overgrown over the decades. They found more and more stone creatures, just like the one they had run into earlier. Some broken from the overgrown life or weather that these woods had been under, as well as time wearing them down. They kept walking before Nya stopped as they all came across what looked to be what was once ruins of a village. As it held nothing but stone outlines to show where walls of homes once stood before crumbled from whatever had attacked this place. It was a sad sight, knowing what could've caused this and what could've been here. But other than that, it was well hidden. With tall trees, bamboo, and mountain walls of the valley keeping it well hidden and enough space for the ship to land.

"I think we've found our place to set. Let's contact the others on the ship and tell them the news." Lloyd said and Zane nodded.

"Okay." He said before trying to contact the others outside the forest. "I can't get a signal through. I'll have to get to work setting up the Falcon and its antenna ability." He said.

Nya nodded. "Okay, in the meantime, we can better prep this place for the others once we reach them."

Lloyd nodded. "Right, let's get set up then." He said as the three went to work.

(Meanwhile with Skylor, Cole, and Jay.)

The three had been traveling, moving through and keeping themselves hidden. Only did they stop to look around when noticing a green glow in the distance and follow it before spotting... them...

Morro, and a couple of his friends were standing around at one of the statues. They watched as screamers finished tearing and chewing off the vines and plants that had wrapped around it, revealing more of the statue that held two sets of blades high up in the air.

Skylor watched, noticing Kai was nowhere in sight. Figuring that he must be close by, she looked to one of the ghosts that seemed to be leaving and heading to where she can only guess was their camp. She looked to the two, watching them observe Morro in silence before slowly backing away and went after the ghost.

Cole and Jay watch Morro intently as the ghost was observing the oni statue.

Morro looked at the statue and Bansha couldn't help but frown at the plan. "I don't like this. Listening to the fool is one thing but this? How can you be sure this will work?" She asked.

"It will work, it's nothing but stone. And besides, all that matters is fulfilling what the preeminent desires." He said and stabbed the statue through its chest. The sword then glowed just like before as cracks formed but there was a faint purple glow... with its eyes glowing a bright green its mouth cracked open and the stone cracked into life once more. "There." He said before looking at the statue. "Welcome to ninjago my friends." He said as ghostly laughs spoke through the statue.