Chapter Twenty-Six

Start from the beginning

With Jay and Nya off to search the south, Nya looked at the water gazing at it before placing out her hand, attempting to pull the water into the air. But with the dragon's speed, she could barely make any progress. Gritting her teeth, she tried again before finally... water began to float to her direction as she pulled it close for her to control and hold. She smiled before noticing the Dragon had slowed, confused, she looked to Jay who had been looking back at her before he immediately looked back, as if he wasn't at all responsible.

Nya looked at Jay before a smile curled on her lips but not before using the water she had been holding and used it to splash at the master of lightning, watching him yelp from the cold before tightening his grip on the dragon's reins and resuming its speed.

"W-what was that for!?" He asked, looking at her while trying to whip some of the water off which had sadly already soaked into his clothes.

"I think I can do a little practice on my own, don't you?" She asked, giving him a small look.

Jay gave a small sigh. "I know, I know, sorry I..." He stopped himself before he could say anything that could accidentally come off insulting.

Nya looked at Jay before a thought came to mind. "...How was it when you unlocked your true potential?" She asked. They had all begun with the golden weapons to help aid with their powers. But it was after the four unlocked their true potential that they grew closer with their powers. So perhaps aiming to try and find how to unlock hers could assist her in finding her flow and fully controlling the element of water?

"Oh we- well...." He was nervous to speak as it was recalling when they had their first date . "Well, I guess it was from holding myself back. When we had that date I thought maybe you weren't all that into me unless I tried being more charming and nice looking... Guess I was trying to follow what your brother did when he was around his fangirls. But you reminded me I was pretending to be someone I wasn't. I thought in order for you to well... like me, I had to do all that stuff and that fangpyre venom kinda put me in a mess." He admitted, fearing the worst.

"But it didn't." Nya said. "All I wanted from you was to be you." She recalled.

Nodding, he still remembered those words. As he blushed with a soft smile. "Yeah, I guess. I just wanted to try helping you with your powers sense you helped me with mine."
"I was holding myself back from being something I'm not and you helped me realize that." He said as he looked at her with a soft smile.

Nya paused as she wondered about that. Was she still holding herself back? But from what? What was it that was limiting herself from helping the others? Was it something she needed to let go?

Jay looked at her as she was deep in thought before looking at her and spoke. "Nya?"

Blinking, she looked back at him. "Oh, sorry. I was just stuck in thought about something." She said,

Jay looked at her before a thought came to mind. "Hey, want to try riding the dragon for a bit?" He asked.

Nya looked up at him. "What? But doesn't the dragon need you to keep itself here?" She asked.

He nodded. "Yeah, but I'll keep my hands on the reins. That way you can still lead it and I'll keep hold of the reins to keep it from vanishing."

Nya stared at Jay as she considered his offer. She had ridden on Flame, Kai's fire dragon back when they were starting as ninjas. She had ridden the dragon several times when they were still around. But now, it feels like it's been forever since she last got the chance.