2; Entry

Throughout the entire summer, Izuku was always busy. He never told me why. Sometimes he was able to spend time with me, but usually, he would have to run short to meet up with someone or to do training. I tried to get Izuku to tell me who it was he was meeting up with, but he always said he was training for the UA entrance exam with a private trainer. He always had a wide, happy smile whenever he said that. It was nice to see him genuinely happy, but I missed hanging out with him. So, I decided to train for the UA entrance exam too. Couldn't do it with Izuku because he has that private tutoring and training and couldn't invite anyone, but he did say he was happy to see me working for it too.

Soon as summer ended and the third term started, I began noticing Midoriya seemed to have gotten significantly stronger over these couple of months. I also noticed Bakugo didn't seem to bother us as much too. Here and there he would only taunt Izuku for short periods of time or would push him and me to the side slamming us against a wall in the hallways. He's probably been busy focusing on the entrance exam too.

Then after some more months of training on my own, working on cardiovascular exercise and strength after school, I realized I might have to work on my quirk more if I was going to pass this entrance exam. But I didn't want my quirk to go out of control again. It terrified me. It's been years since that last happened but that still didn't mean it was a possibility. Even Izuku tried to push me to train my quirk more at a gym that allows quirk training, but the thought of losing control lingered in my mind. He did understand so he no longer bothered me about it.

I chose to stick to working hard on my current physical strength and stamina. Hopefully, that would be enough to get me to pass the exam. Though deep down I knew that would never be enough.

Soon it was the day right before the entrance exam. I felt anxious as 24 hours left to prepare didn't seem like enough. I was walking through the hallway to my next class, when someone abruptly pushed me into a classroom door, shoving me through the door into the empty classroom. I stumbled onto the ground, shutting my eyes by instinct. I could hear them close the doors, and even heard a small click meaning they have locked the doors. I was so confused about what had happened. I began picking myself up as I brought myself to a kneeling position.

I lifted my gaze to the figure who stood between me and the closed doors. The lights were dim, but I could easily identify the individual's spiky, ash-blonde hair and his sneering grin. I felt my stomach drop as I prepared myself for what Bakugo could possibly want.

"So... You and Deku have been training for the UA entrance exam?"

I didn't have time to answer before he interrupted me. He paced closer to me, his footsteps echoing through my head as I flinched from his movement. His smile slowly lowered into an angered frown as he edged closer to me.

"I already know you both are. You'll never make it if you don't start using your quirk! You'll end up deader than that nerd if you keep up this facade!"

I placed myself back onto my feet as I stepped back once. My fingers twitched as I felt myself waiting for the worse. Hopefully, a teacher will notice and barge in to interrupt our loitering.

"These stupid ass dreams of becoming pros have made you two lose your sense of reality! If you two want to keep waiting around looking pitiful and assume you'll just get through life based on hopes and dreams, then you are deeply wrong!! You think you're so high and mighty, huh?!"

I brought my hands in front of me, shaking them in a quick gesture to disagree. I could feel nervous sweat drip down my face as I continuously backed up from Bakugo's leering figure that was getting closer and closer.

"No! No! I may not use my quirk for the exam but I-"

He then aggressively seized the collar of my shirt before he slammed me against the classroom wall. I was petrified. My legs and hands quivered as I struggled not to collapse from overwhelming anxiety. The back of my head hurt from the impact of the wood and cement.