Chapter 14

My bond with Damian eased my pain the more I let him sink into me.

And because of my new need for him, Damian and I were rarely separated. As his stitches healed, he kept me closer than he did before—indulging my new impulsive attachment. I was unable to stand alone with my emotional weight—but Damian was stronger than what I carried.

"I think you should have the doctor do this" I said as I looked over Damians stitches.
"No" he stated without needing to give it a second thought as he leaned back against his desk. "I want it to be you."
I looked up at Damian, meeting his confident gaze as he pulled off his shirt completely, revealing all of his stitches.
"I don't think I'll ever understand you" I sighed as I grabbed the suture scissors that I had gotten from the doctors office.
"You already do" said Damian as I raised an eyebrow. "You understand me more than you think you do."
I pulled my gaze away from him and rolled my eyes.
"Believe me, I wish it were as true as you say."
I snipped at the thread and pulled the first stitch out of Damian.
"We're mates, of course you do. It's a part of the connection."
"Then do you understand me?" I tested back.
"Better than anyone else" he stated as his hands brushed around my waist.

I paused as I looked up at him.
"Are you sure?" I asked as he pulled me to him.
"Who would be my competition?" He questioned.
"Doctor Jay" I replied strongly.
"Doctor Jay can understand you in a few ways but he's much older than you. Born and raised in a different time."
"Hmm... then maybe Beta Jason?"
Alpha Damian narrowed his eyes.
"Are you trying to make me mad?"
"Some similar struggles, always knows how to push my buttons" I listed, holding in a laugh as I moved back down and cut another stitch.

Damian grabbed my hand and lifted my chin up, bringing my gaze to his.
"What buttons would he know that I don't?" He tested.
"Don't get so serious" I laughed.
"I won't have anyone pawing at my mate" he warned.
"You're too jealous" I sighed as I continued on his stitches.

"I know how to handle you" stated Damian suddenly after a moment.
"Well you haven't been doing a very good job at it."
"I just like seeing you when you're wound up" he teased back.
"Another fetish of yours?" I asked as I pulled out yet another suture.
"See, you do understand me" purred Damian as he leaned down, placing his hands on my hips and bringing me in.

He just couldn't keep his hands off me.
"Careful, I'm holding scissors" I scolded.
"I don't mind" whispered Damian as his lips brushed against mine. "It would be an honour to be scarred by you, mate." Damian's hand trailed to the back of my neck. "I hope to collect as many scars as you'll give me."

"Well I'm not ready to give you any yet, so sit still" I replied as I put my hands on his shoulders to steady him. But my expression betrayed me—my cheeks beginning to glow pink.
Damian had been getting carried away more and more with every day that passed. The more attention I gave him, the more he wanted. Damian wanted all of me and it intimidated me. I was vulnerable, and I couldn't hide it from him.

I snipped another stitch as Damian watched me intently. I knew why Damian wanted me to take out his stitches rather than the more experienced Doctor. Understanding Damian came like second nature, I just didn't want to admit it. Not yet. But being ignorant to my own thoughts when it came to Damian was hard—especially when he was always making me face myself.

"Are you going to sleep with me tonight?" Asked Damian, suddenly.
"The Alpha is allowing me a choice?" I asked in suspicion.
"Don't be so naive, I was hoping you would say yes so I wouldn't have to resort to dragging you to my room myself."
"You're so kind" I commented sarcastically.
"I don't always like to be painted as the bad guy you know. But I'll keep playing the part if thats what you want."
"Sorry, I don't think I have a thing for bad boys" I countered.
"Funny, you stick around like you do" he shot.
"Ha ha ha" I mocked.