Chapter 3

It was the third day of the anniversary. Jay worked on a patient in the infirmary next door and I began filing some documents in the office, listening to the bustle of the hallway.

"What the fuck was that yesterday?" Scoffed Beta Jason suddenly as he entered the room.
I stared at Jason in surprise, not quite knowing how to respond to him.
"This is a doctors office" I said as I logged off my computer and turned to him. Jason closed the door and stormed over to me, pointing his finger in my face.
"You just brought him to the fucking Alphas hall? Are you kidding me? If I needed an escort I would've got someone who actually participates in the pack!"
I scowled and swatted Jasons finger away.

"What did you want me to do? Frolic in a field with him or something?"
"Pretty damn close!" Exclaimed Jason.
I paused completely, utterly dumbfounded. Was I missing something?
"What?" I whispered.
"Well you're gay aren't you?" Shot Jason. "I thought maybe you guys would fu-"
"What?" I hissed. "What the fuck is wrong with you? How dare you attempt to use me like that!"
"And I'll do it again! Listen here you little fuck" he began. "We need this Alpha. Our pack is making an Alliance with Burning Tree and we need him to start liking people in this fucking pack. We invited him for this anniversary so he could have a good time and you're gonna fucking help! Thats an order!"

"Fuck you!" I cried out.
"No, fuck you! He's touring every facility of the pack right now and you're about to be the medical representative. You're gonna tell him about you position, how things work in the office. You're gonna butter him up. You're gonna flirt. And you're gonna fucking drive this alliance home, you hear me?"
My mouth tore open, but a sudden knock came at the door, halting my verbal abuse before it could pass my lips. Jason paused and walked to the door. He turned to me and violently pointed a stern finger at me before opening the door, revealing Alpha Taurus.

"Ah yes, just as expected!" Welcomed Beta Jason. "Alpha Taurus, this is our medical staff representative, Alec. I believe you've already met him. He's been working here for some time now, so he'll be full of knowledge! Have a good chat, I'll be back in a bit!"

I stared off at Jason as my temper flared. Taurus stepped into the room and I felt myself grow nervous.
"Nice to see you again, Alec" greeted Taurus.
"Hello, Alpha. I hope you've been having fun during the pack celebrations" I managed, attempting to shed my hostile tone.
"I can't complain" he returned as his eyes began wandering past me. "It's been interesting to talk to so many representatives. But of course, I've been looking forward to seeing you."

"Yeah, I think the clinic is one of the more interesting pieces of the pack" I agreed, trying to make up for my lack of enthusiasm.
Taurus' eyes flickered back to mine and I paused at his expression.
He wasn't talking about the clinic.
I felt my face heat up and I turned away.

"How long are you staying here for?" I managed in lame attempt at conversation.
"A week or two. Depends." replied Taurus.
"Thats a long time for the leader to be away from their pack" I pointed out, hoping that he would agree and head home.
"Maybe for your pack" said Taurus. "But for other packs, an Alpha could be away for more than a month if they needed."
I nodded as I did my best to relax myself, still replaying my argument with Jason.

"Whats the current routine for you here?" Asked Taurus, suddenly changing the subject.
"I help with the patients" I said. "I check them in, make their appointments, manage paperwork—"
"—and tell people to go drown?" He teased suddenly.
"Yes" I shot back quickly. "And I work as an Aid for when theres an influx of wounded after a fight."

"Do you always go tell your pack mates to drown?"
I quickly looked away as my eyes narrowed into a glare.
"Thats not my pack mate and thats not your—"