Chapter 5

"Do you want to find your mate?"

The question took me out of my stupor and I looked at Taurus. It was an easy question, but I staggered poorly at the mention of my mate.
"I'm not too sure" I admitted quietly as the sun dipped down.
The sound of water filled my ears as I sat with Taurus by the river. I leaned back on my elbows and stared off into the now gray sky.
"Do you think you'd accept a different type of mate?"
"There aren't any different types of mates" I chuckled as I turned to him.
"Of course there is" mused Taurus, his dark eyes flickering softly as he stared out at the river. "Thats what we are."
"And what type of mate is that?" I teased.
"A soul mate."

"That's the human type of mate" I pointed out.
"True..." agreed Taurus. "But if we were humans, I think that maybe then we'd finally belong together in a way that no one could object to."
He turned to me, his eyes soft, yet serious.
"I think then in that world I might be able to forgive the moon goddess for trying to keep me from you."
I smiled and the words seemed to come out on their own.
"Well then make sure to find me in that life too."

Taurus smiled and leaned down, kissing me softly. I thought that if I could stay by the river like this forever, then I wouldn't have to wait for the next life to truly belong by his side. That my natural words alone were enough to bind me to him forever.

But in the distance, I could hear the faint roar of people at the pack house and Taurus pulled back.

"Sounds like they're having fun" hummed Taurus as the voices suddenly roared with laughter.
"Didn't you want to go?" I asked.
"And share you with everyone else? I don't think so" purred Alpha Taurus as he grazed my neck with his lips. I felt my face glow red as he hummed in delight. "But I suppose maybe we should turn up. After all, I was told everyone would be celebrating at the bar for the last night."

Alpha Taurus stood and grabbed my hand, helping me up. I smiled at him as he pulled me against him one last time, pressing me against his strong chest.
"Lead the way."

- - -

The bar was packed with people drinking and singing—the atmosphere reminding me of New Years Eve. It was almost overwhelming—I felt like I could drown in the people. I felt Taurus' hand twine with mine as he pulled me toward himself. I looked up at him as his lips moved, but I heard nothing.
"What?" I replied as I tilted my head.
Taurus smiled and leaned down to my ear, his cheek grazing mine. It took me aback, my face flushing instantly. It was a strange moment of casual intimacy.
"Doing okay?"
"Yeh" I replied briefly, trying to hide my expression that worried him. "Lets sit at the bar."

I guided Alpha Taurus to the stools, managing to find two empty seats. As the bar keeper turned, his eyes lit in surprise as he seen Taurus.
"Alpha Taurus! Glad to see you here! What would you like?" Exclaimed the bar keep over the noise.
I looked away and over into the crowed as Taurus ordered his drink. Farther in the crowed I spotted a group of men, laughing and yelling at each other. I recognized one of them to be Beta Jason. I turned away quickly, hoping he wouldn't notice me. The last thing I needed was Jason harassing me.

I turned as the bartender brought over the order. I raised my eyebrows and looked up at Taurus.
"Never had a shot before?" He laughed.
"Of course I have, but I've never started the night with one!" I shot back. Taurus smiled and leaned to my ear.
"Don't worry. Just follow my lead."
I picked up my shot along with Taurus. I looked down at the small glass and paused. If this was the beginning of the night, whats going to be the end? I leaned back and swallowed it, scowling at the taste.

"God Alec, what are you, a virgin?" Cried the voice of Beta Jason. I looked over at my new annoying companion as he watched me. "Another round!" Called Jason to the bar keep.
"Hey!" I hissed as Jason flicked me in the forehead.
"Alpha Taurus! Decided to finally join us?" Cooed Jason.
"I couldn't resist" Said Taurus as the bar tender came over and dropped off the next round.