Chapter 6

I watched Taurus as he sat on the edge of the bed, picking up his shirt. My eyes ran over his back—it was scattered with scars and tense with muscle. A set of deep red scratches ran down his shoulders and to his lower back. I leaned forward, my hand running down one of the marks.

"Think they'll scar?" Asked Taurus as he looked over his shoulder.
I paused as I looked up at him.
"I'd feel bad if they did."
"I hope they do."
"Did it hurt?" I asked.
Taurus smiled.
"I didn't even notice. I think I was focused on something else."
My cheeks turned pink and Taurus turned—kissing me as if hungry for more. He pulled forward, leaning over and moving down to my throat and biting at it as I gasped.

He pulled back suddenly, kissing my forehead as he pulled on his shirt.
"I'll see you tonight" promised Taurus.
"We'll see about that" I returned as I rubbed at my neck, my cheeks red.
Taurus smiled as he shook his head, then left.

I sighed and paused, laying in bed a moment more before getting up and starting the shower. Though I didn't have work today, I still wanted to check on Doctor Jay. But the last thing I wanted was to smell like a living hangover. I jumped into the shower and began lathering myself with soap as my head ached.

At this point, I knew the connection with Taurus had crossed a line. It was impossible to overlook. But I didn't want to go back. I decided that from now on, I didn't want to think about the mate that I didn't have.

I felt a pang in my chest at the decision to go against my wolfs nature. To go against the strong, basic instinct of finding and bonding with my mate.

I finished in the shower and got dressed. I made my way down to the doctors off and paused as I seen doctor Jay, alone and sorting some papers.
"Hey" I greeted as I gave a friendly knock on the door.

"Alec!" Exclaimed Doctor Jay suddenly as he stood. "Hey, don't worry about helping today or anything, keep this day off."
"Oh, I just wanted to see you" I explained as I felt taken aback at the Doctors strange and sudden insistence.

"I think you should go, Alec" said Jay suddenly.
"What?" I questioned as I turned to him.
"I think you should steer clear of the office for a while... or maybe a week—just until—"
Jay broke from his sentence as loud voices echoed from down the hallway.
"You need to go" decided Jay as he began leading me out of the office. I stumbled lamely into the hall, still tired and hungover. But as I looked over at the voices, I realized it was Alpha Damian and Delta Joehn.

"Go" hissed Jay quietly as he pushed at me.
I glimpsed at Alpha Damian and to my horror, he stared straight back at me, his expression changing as he saw me.
"Hey!" Exclaimed Alpha Damian as I turned and made a break for it.

I couldn't make out the rest of his yelling as I broke out into a sprint towards the dining hall.
"You can keep the shoe!" I screamed.
I could suddenly hear the sound of fast footsteps not too far behind me. It was a total replay of last time. I raced through the dining hall, and tripped halfway, my chin smashing into the ground. I turned quickly and froze as I caught sight of Alpha Damian from across the hall. My heart dropped as my stare locked with his now black eyes, a sign his hybrid instincts were taking hold of him.

I turned and scattered out of the hall, pushing past my fellow pack mates as I desperately shot out the other end and into the corridor. I felt my heart spike with fear as I heard him storming the hallway behind me. No way he made it through the hall that quickly. I reached my door and searched my pockets quickly. But my blood ran cold as my fingers found nothing—I had lost my key.

As sheer panic consumed me, the sudden sound of footsteps broke my thoughts.

I turned to see Alpha Damian and I froze instantly. It was the first time I had actually seen him up close in years and I had no where to go this time. I looked up and our eyes locked—I couldn't break away and I was stunned.