Jealousy

⊱ ────── {.⋅ Copia's pov ⋅.} ────── ⊰

I groaned as I swoon out of my slumber, my hands on the soft mattress. My head nuzzles into the pillow, huffing out. Mercury stayed with me through the night, how sweet of him.

My eyes wander my room and I lay there, oh? I lifted up my head as a piece of paper was presented beside me, now what's this? My hand slowly crawled over, lifting up the paper to my eye sight.

Note;
You feel asleep mid-bath so I tuck you in, I'm sorry if you wanted to be in my arms when you wake up, a ghouleh wanted to talk to me in private. Btw, I fixed your room's door handle, you're welcome.
Your ghoul, Mercury

"Aw." I muttered, getting up from Mercury's bed as I stretched my back. I had a meeting with sister imperator soon so it is best to be early.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ Flashback after the incident ⋅.} ────── ⊰

Sleeping soundly on Copia's bed after a scary night, your arms are wrapped around Copia's body to reassure his mind that you're here with him throughout the night.

Mercury feel bad that night as he kept waking up to Copia's sleep talk about him getting chased around by ghouls and that Mercury left him to die.

Suddenly, Copia sat up from his bed with a terrified scream, staring into nothing for it to be a dream. Copia gasped for air as sweat beads slide down his body, he looked at the door with unease.

Did he locked the door before he slept?

His mind went blank as he fidgets with the blanket, staring nervously whether he should double check it or not.

His body froze when two clawed hands came from behind, only to relaxed once he heard Mercury speaking sweet nothing into his ears.

"Those nightmares are hard to ignore hm?" Mercury whispers softly, pulling Copia's body closer to him. Copia breaths heavily as he nods, his eyes getting teary as seconds past by.

Mercury frowns at the smell of fear radiating off of Copia, crawling to his side to look at his cardinal. His clawed hand reached up to wipe the tears away.

"Oh you poor baby, as long as I'm here by your side, there's no need to cry." Mercury cooed to Copia, rubbing the tears away with his thumb.

"Will you promise not to leave my side?" Copia muttered to Mercury, his shaky hands reaching to the hand on his face.

Mercury smiles as he nudge his nose against Copia's, "I will definitely get those hungry hands off you."

Copia smiles softly, laying back down comfortably. He looks up at Mercury and tugs his hand, pulling Mercury down to sleep beside him.

The blanket once again spread out onto the two, with Copia in Mercury arms as he closes his eye as the negative dreams slowly drowns out.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ Timeskip to 10 mins before Copia wakes up⋅.} ────── ⊰
|Your pov|

A knock on the door woke up a light sleeper ghoul as they groaned at the noise, sliding out of Copia's grasp is easy since he's a heavy sleeper.