Thirst

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

After Cardinal left to have the talk with papa Nihil, you were asked to be summoned almost immediately. You hummed in curiously as you tidy yourself up to be more presentable to one's eyes. You stood straight with your hands behind your back as you fall through the floor and into a familiar room.

You opened your eyes and you huffed out a breath, papa Nihil waved at you with a grin on his face. Cardinal spun around in his spinning chair to look at the new visitor, his eyes soften as he spots you there present. You bow towards the two, "Papa. Cardinal."

Cardinal muttered a small "Hey." before Papa Nihil waves you off, "Down with the formality, Mercury. Come take a seat next to young cardinal here." You shook your head as you chuckles, "There's rules that needs to be followed, papa Nihil." You walks on over beside Cardinal, and stood there with one of your clawed hand on his chair.

Papa Nihil frowned, "Well, I ordered for the rule to be broken." He said, you rolled your eyes jokingly, shaking your head at him. Papa Nihil straighten his back and narrowed his eyes at you, using hand gestures to the floor beneath you. "Mercury." You hummed in a low note, causing your chest to vibrate.

Cardinal stares at Papa Nihil and back to you, eyeing your chest and the vibration it had cause his chair. Papa Nihil know what this means, as he learn the movement and signals ghouls and ghoulehs had shown throughout the decades. "Don't try to be a whiney kid now, Mercury. Do what you usually do to make yourself a chair."

You grumble in annoyance, but you couldn't help but to listen what he asked for. You let your clawed hand drift off the chair Cardinal is seated in and let it lay on your thigh, letting your leg melts into a metallic puddle. Cardinal stares as he leans towards Papa Nihil, "Is that supposed to happen?" He asked as he pointed towards the puddle.

Papa Nihil nods as he gesture for Cardinal to look at your ability in person. Cardinal turns his head to look at you as the metallic liquid turns to solid as a chair slowly emerged from the metal. You cleared your throat as you take a seat, "So, is there a reason why I was summoned?" You turn your attention to papa Nihil.

"No reason, I uh, we couldn't find the best way to start and it was getting awkward." He said sheepishly, you smile at his cuteness despite being hidden by the mask. "So, let's talk about the title and the pressure. How do you feel when those two things are form in a sentence cardinal?" You mentioned turning your head towards cardinal.

Cardinal looks down to his hands as he thought it through, fumbling with his thumb like he's trying to look for the right word. "It's...good, anyone would be delighted if they have such a big role to the church; As for the pressure, i uh...it's a bit too much for my liking...and well, I just...don't think the people might like me being the new papa."

"I mean have you seen papa lll? Everyone knows him, everyone likes him."

"And me? I don't have the...the, charisma and the thing that papa lll had accomplished throughout his years."

Cardinal's head hang low and he talks about the differences between him and papa lll, you nodded your head in a understanding. You turn your attention to papa Nihil, "So now that you know how he feels, how do you feel papa?" Papa Nihil breath through his respirator mask in steady pace.

"I understand how you feel, Cardinal. The feeling of being under pressure and unprepared for such high title out of the blue. But I believe that you, Cardinal. You can lead the band well." Papa Nihil spoke, you smile under your mask. Cardinal looks up at papa Nihil with awe, you nudge his side.