EPILOGUE

He rested his head on his hand, looking up at the vaults hesitantly. Then Ginny stroked his shoulder and brought him back to himself.

"I'm not sure, sweetheart. He betrayed them" Harry said, spite in his voice "Because of him my parents are dead, Voldemort came back to life, and Sirius spent twelve— twelve! —years in Azkaban."

"I know, Harry, but before all that he was your friend" Ginny added, brushing her fingertips against the cold stone. "He was a marauder. He doesn't deserve your forgiveness, but he doesn't deserve to be forgotten either. No one deserves to be forgotten."

She stood up from the bench and ran her finger over the inscriptions of all the people lying there—Lily, James, Sirius, Lupin, Marlene, and Dorcas. There were people Harry only heard fragments of, but he knew that at some point they were important to someone close to him, and so they must be there.

He stopped his forefinger on Sirius's grave and muttered:

"The world is not divided into good and bad people... I know."

He closed his eyes, grabbed the bouquet of flowers Ginny brought clutched in her hands placing it on top of the stool and walked out of the mausoleum, his head clearer.

After calling James and Albus, who were playing on top of a tree. He placed his hand on Ginny's stomach and gave her a tender kiss.

"Mommy, why is Daddy crying?" Albus asked, looking very confused at his father.

"Don't cry daddy!"

Harry looked at his son and nodded as he wiped away a tear. He locked the mausoleum and left the cemetery with his family.

That same day, in the afternoon two more people showed up, they did not know each other; however, they realized that they were going to a common destination. When they opened the mausoleum, they began to talk sitting on the bench, without looking each other in the eyes.

"I guess you're magic, aren't you?"

"Ah... you're Remus' muggle friend, aren't you?"

"What does "muggle" mean?" asked the slightly grizzled man, with wrinkles creasing his cheeks from always keeping a smile on his face "Well, whatever. I had no idea Remus belonged to some sort of club. It must have been fun."

The woman took out her wand, and made a bunch of flowers appear, which she placed under the portrait of her friends. Then she stood up and replied:

"They were a key element in our finest hour, A legend" She could better disguise her fifty-something years. "I liked you, you were the one Remus stayed with after the Potters died, weren't you?"

"Grant, nice to meet you."

"Mary MacDonald" he replied with a smile "Chances are we won't be seeing each other again, Grant."

The man nodded and let the woman leave the mausoleum, after a couple of minutes, as the sun began to set, Grant came out.

"Marauders and their best friends ask you, cordially, any kind of intruder to keep your nose out of where it doesn't belong."

╔──────¤◎¤──────╗

END

╚──────¤◎¤──────╝

46/46