6. Unchanged transformation

CW: Mention of blood and violent situation.

『 °*- ღ -*°』

Ever since he was a little boy, he was afraid of the dark.

It wasn't just a fear, like when you watched a horror movie and your heart stopped beating for a millisecond. It was total fear.

He would close his eyes, but that caused him even more bewilderment. His breathing would become agitated, and, in the worst cases, he would start crying uncontrollably. At least, until his mother came to his room, worried about him.

For that reason, he never slept with the light off, he always had a small sticker that illuminated enough so that part of the room was illuminated. He got used to this partial illumination.

When the moon was full, he liked to open the curtains of his room, so that the white light would illuminate his room even more. Those nights were the best.

They were.

His mother, Hope, always said good night to him, and that day wasn't any different. Lupin waited quietly in his bed, with the storybook he loved so much, and waited for the woman. She calmly read him each paragraph and when she noticed him sleepy, she left her son's room, leaving the curtains uncovered, because she knew he liked to sleep like that.

Perhaps if she had closed the curtains, none of the horror would have happened.

In the middle of the early morning, when the moon was at the highest point in the sky, both Hope and her husband, Lyall, were awakened by a roar. He tried to keep his wife in the room, but a mother's concern made her grab the pistol she kept in her bedside table, because in this day and age, all Muggle women married to wizards had a gun in their homes. (But that's another story).

That early morning, his parents got a taste of Remus' horror of the dark when they saw the noise coming from their son's room. Perhaps it was worse, but the details are inaccurate.

The two of them walked down the hallway but stopped when they saw a wolf quietly emerge from the room, its muzzle covered in blood, its eyes glowing and a sneer showing its sharp teeth.

His wife fired all the bullets, and Lyall fired all the curses in his arsenal, but the wolf, who was more agile, got out of the house as quickly as he could, ramming into one of the windows.

They both found the body of their son lying on the floor; Remus was crying, holding his left side, as blood stained the carpet. Hope ran to get towels, while Lyall, held his son's body carefully and placed him on the bed, on top of his favorite blue sheets.

He could see the signs of resistance because a terrible wound crossed his son's face, as well as various parts of his torso.

He was not the most powerful wizard, and had little experience with healing incantations, but he didn't care. With the help of his wife, who was cleaning the minor injuries on his son's body, Lyall endeavored to heal the lethal bite. He knew that the whole thing had been his fault, and he would never forgive himself for it.

After that night, Remus stopped being afraid of the dark. He now feared the moon, which that night, as that wolf ripped his humanity from his body, mercilessly, and despite his agonizing begging, the only thing he could see was the moon.

That sheltered him and shined, giving more strength to his tormentor, leaving him alone.

『 °*• ღ •*°』

6/46