9. Howl

Sequel to "8.REMEMBERING LONELINESS"

『 °*- ღ -*°』

The rumbling resounded throughout the house. James and Sirius awoke suddenly. Dizzy, they looked at each other before James pointed to the full moon.

Lily entered the room accompanied by Peter, she seemed on the verge of tears, she was trembling and as quickly as possible she turned on the light.

"He-he escaped" Lily stammered, the first tears falling from her eyes "and I couldn't do anything."

Not knowing what to do, James opened his arms at the same time Lily rushed at them. Sirius, tried to stand up, but fell, feeling vomit rise in his throat.

"Calm down... It wasn't your fault" James comforted, stroking Lily's hair "it's ours, for overstepping our bounds."

With anger rising in his head, Sirius pointed at Peter who watched anxiously.

"Why didn't you go with him!" Sirius claimed, standing up at last, "You know very well he wasn't going to do anything to you."

"I'm not to blame You're the ones who always calm him down!" Peter defended himself by holding his head. Sirius grabbed him by his pajama shirt "Let go of me, Sirius! Y-You of all people know that, as a rat, I always go unnoticed!"

Lily's crying intensified and Sirius, unable to stand it any longer, threw himself in front of the trash can, to release the mixture of food and alcohol from his system.

"Stop fighting! Let's think about, what we do now?" James spoke, separating from Lily "We'll discuss this later.... I just need to think."

Raising his head from the trash can, a sickly-looking Sirius exclaimed:

"Evans, get your bloody potions!"

"Shut up, Sirius, you won't let me think!"

"Fuck you, James!" Sirius cursed, feeling the next retch "We have our best friend in a completely dangerous state, and you expect me to keep quiet."

Returning, Lily opened her stockpile of potions, and approached Sirius, handing him a potion that would help with the dizziness and vomiting. With the first drop touching his tongue, Sirius felt better. Then Lily approached James, but he assured her that he was fine.

They were engaged in a new argument, Lily, no longer in the mood for shouting, pulled out her wand and silenced everyone. Her guilt turned to worry, and she knew that if they continued to waste time like that, the consequences would be worse.

"Enough! James, right now you're going to send a Patronus and spread the message that Lupin is free; then you're going to get off your ass and go looking for him, understand?" "Sirius, I know your little boyfriend is out there starving, but fighting isn't the way to solve problems, you'd better get out there and find him, you big idiot!" Sirius rolled his eyes and pointed to his mouth. Then he assumed his canine form and without looking back left the room

"Peter, you're coming with me." concluded Lily.

So it was that in less than an hour, they found Lupin after the suspicions of some members of the order about a wolf marauding in the park. They found him rummaging through the garbage looking for something to eat.

The wolf watched them but paid no attention. Sirius barked at it and, Remus seemed to recognize him, because he left the garbage and went running to pounce on the dog. James, seeing the reconciliation, could breathe easy, sent a last message, and went to the rest of the group, knowing that Padfoot could take care of Lupin.

The two of them stayed in the park running around. When they were exhausted, they went to drink at the fountain and lay down under a tree, with Lupin sleepily. The two huddled close, but for the rest of the night, Sirius stayed awake, just to keep an eye out for any unexpected happenings.

It was the first time he had seen Lupin's de-transformation. He had only ever seen him change, making it a somewhat traumatic experience, so he decided that for the rest of the time he would just try to ignore that part. But watching the wolf's fur fall gently to the grass and leaving Lupin's naked body to rest in a fetal pose as normal, he thought it was tender.

Sirius licked his face to wake him up. Lupin confusedly stroked him, not remembering any of the events of the previous night. Then he fell asleep again and Sirius began to worry about finding something to cover Remus' body. He went to the souvenir store, which was still not open, and went inside to steal a sweatshirt with the pathetic inscription: "What did the wolf say when he got his paw stepped on? Ow!" and a black pants.

On his return, already fed up with Lupin's sleepy headedness, he threw all the water from a bottle he also took from the store. Soaking wet he woke up, this time noticing his nakedness and the clothes next to him. Sirius no longer wanted to continue as a dog, he humanized himself and kept his gaze fixed on Remus' body.

"Why are you looking at me like that? Where are we?"

"You're skinnier, I liked it better when your legs looked like.... Huggable?" Lupin pulled up his pants and shook his head in frustration "We're in a park, you ended up here after your transformation."

"And the rest?"

"At home I suppose" Sirius replied, standing up and hugging Lupin's body, "damn... you gave me quite a scare, Moony."

"I don't remember much of anything, but I'm starving "Lupin said, reciprocating the gesture as he planted a kiss on Sirius's lips "I'm so sorry.... You know I can't control it."

They jumped over the park's fence and rushed home, Lily was sleeping on the sofa, cuddling with James, while Peter was resting on the floor. They tried not to make too much noise, and went to the kitchen, where Lupin looted the entire fridge and put the food on the table, ready to start eating.

Sirius looked at him gawking, and as he ate a bowl of cereal, he said:

"I give you permission to hit me if I get drunk again. Give me the chocolate bars, I'm hungry too."

Lupin nodded, handing him the box. He looked down and read the sentence on his sweatshirt with a frown.

"Are you Serious? Weren't there any regular clothes?"

Sirius shrugged and a bit into the stick.

"You know, I'm Sirius" Lupin rolled his eyes "The rest was no match for my Moony. I loooww-ve"

『 °*• ღ •*°』

9/46