Double whammy

Warning: Slight depictions of intimate touching ig? Idk I feel like there should be a warning here.

Ashlyn lay awake in bed one night, tired, dreading the seven hour nightmare she'd experience in a little over an hour.
she looked at her alarm clock. The bright red letters read 10:56PM. She breathed deeply, trying to ignore the lump in her throat and the tears springing to her eyes.
She calms herself down and rubs her eyes with ice.
She gets a call and answers it.
"Hey Ash." Aiden says, his voice slightly muffled from the other end of the call.
"Hi." Ashlyn says, her voice sounding hollow and empty.
"...Can I come over?-Please?" Aiden asks, a concerned tone in his voice.
"Why?"
"Because im allready here."
"Aiden... what the fuck?.. weirdo." Ashlyn goes and opens the window and takes off the screen.
"Lend me a hand?"
"Ugh.." Ashlyn helps Aiden pull himself through the window.
He sits on her bed and she follows him.
"Sorry, Ash." He wraps his arm around her. She sighs.
"I don't really like being alone anyway." She leans her head on his shoulder. "-but" She adjusts her position slightly and looks at him. "I prefer when you ask." She giggles.
"Didn't mean to catch you off guard." He chuckles, resting his hand on her thigh. He looks at her up and down. She's wearing short-shorts, spandex, to be exact, over a black leotard and pink tights.
"You just come back from ballet?"
"What have it away?" She responds, sarcastically.
"I don't know. Pretty smart aren't I?"
"Woah, you're smart and cute?" She asks, jokingly.
"Double whammy."
And that's where the conversation ends. They sit in comfortable silence, Ashlyn hugging Aiden around his waist, Aidens arm wrapped around her. His opposite hand caressing her thigh. She'd spontaneously cuddle closer to him, her nose in his shoulder, breathing in his scent.
"Y'know Aiden.." Ashlyn starts,
"Yeah, Ash?"
"I'm glad you're here. I like it when you're with me."

End of chapter