unknown perfection

(Same narrative as 'Maybe it's not so bad' different perspective)

Aidens POV:

It's a hot day and my friends and I just arrived at the beach. Ashlyn looked uncomfortable the whole drive here, and she still does.

I ask her to go for a swim with me and she declines the offer, saying she doesn't have sunscreen on her back.

     "I'll help," I suggest. She's wearing a tee shirt atop her swimsuit. Before lifting it up I ask,

"May I?" She nods in response.

I rub in some sunscreen as gently as I can, making sure to do a thorough job, as she is quite fair.

I finish and stand up.

     "Ya ready now?" I ask. She seems nervous, but pulls off her shirt anyway. It reveals a small black bikini. I just stand there a minute, taking in her perfection. She's petite, but well toned. I try not to stare but can't help noticing the perfection of her.
     Weirdly, without noticing me staring a bit too long, she folds her arms over her chest and slouches uncomfortably. I try to ignore it, but the thought of her being self-conscious hovers in my mind.

I wrap an arm around her and together we walk down to the water. The whole time she avoids eye contact with me.
      Once we get in the water Ash's muscles tense, and she tries to run away. I grab her hand
"AIDEN IM FUCKING FREEZING" she exclaims. I laugh and pull her in deeper.
"ITS COLD" she continues.
"Hop on then" I say, lowering myself enough for her to jump onto my back. She does.
As I take her deeper into the water she wraps her arms around my neck.
"Gettin' cold yet?" I ask her, making fun. She hits me in the back of the head.
"Asshole." She says, trying her best to hold in laughter.

     Once we get to where our friends are, we have a blast with them, swimming and splashing and having chicken fights. We all get hungry and decide to go to a sandwhich place on the boardwalk for lunch.

-time skip to at the sandwhich place-

We find a picnic table and I order for everyone. With her sandwhich, Ash got a smoothie, she accidentally spills on her shirt.
"Fuck.." she says, annoyed.
"Hey ash.-" I take off my shirt and throw it to her. "No worries." I finish.
     "Its fine." She says reluctantly, tossing it back.
     "Ash can we talk real quick?" I ask. She nods, and follows me. I walk over to another table and drop my shirt on it, leaning onto it slightly.
     "Yeah?" She seems confused.
     "Are you okay?"
     "Yeah-" she starts.
     "Honest?" I ask. She hesitates. "Hey." I hug her. She hugs me back and leans her head on my chest. "You're perfect. No need to feel insecure, kay?"
I ask. She nods and throws on my shirt. We spend the rest of the day at the beach playing volleyball and making sandcastles.