Please, Be Carefull

(Aiden x Ashlyn)

Aidens' POV:
The whole squad went to Ashlyns house (in phantom dimension) to collect supplies. I got one first aid kit, because more could weigh me down and this was a pretty routine trip.

Ashlyn runs faster than the rest of us, so she's always ahead, which usually makes her more safe from the phantoms. Key word: usually. On this particular night, the phantoms didn't chase us all the way to her house. They waited somewhere in the middle of our trail, in a line, almost. Like they were waiting for us. We got the stuff, ran back and when we were allmost there we saw them. One grabbed Ash so Tyler through his bat at it and I threw the first aid kit. It followed us and I didn't have time to grab the kit.

*time skip, in graveyard*

     We sit down to rest and catch our breath. After a few minutes of sitting in silence Tyler stands up, walks over to me and asks,

     "What the fuck is wrong with you?" Blatantly. I roll my eyes. I try to speak but he interrupts. "We NEED that kit, douchebag." He follows up. I stand, trying not to laugh. "The fuck's funny?" He asks.

     "It's not. It's not FUNNY." I snort-laugh. "Just ironic." I can hear Ash laugh from behind me.

     "What is?" Tyler asks.

     "You calling me a douchebag." I answer. Tylers' face turns red, out of anger.

     "Someone could DIE because you screwed around."

     "Welp, hope it's not me." I say, pushing him away and grabbing my knife.

     "Aiden- what are you doing?" Ashlyn asks, standing now.

     "Ima get it." I answer. "I thought I made that clear?..."

     "No." She sakes her head walking over to me. "There's a reason we plan missions before going on em'." She tells me.

     "Yes, and there's a reason we go on missions, too." I argue.

     "We have nothing planned out! You'd die in three seconds?!" She starts yelling now. She grabs my knife. Tyler tries to argue,

     "He lost it-"

     "I agree with Ashlyn." Taylor states. "It's too risky going out there without a plan, traps, or a first aid kit already here."

     "It it'll get half-wit to stop bitching at me I'm going." I tell her. "Plus, it was my fault."

Ashlyns' POV:
     Aiden has never said anything like that before. He's nice, but he's not usually one for owning up to his mistakes.
     "I am going." He tells me, now more sternly. His eyes turning from big, wide, dolly eyes to thin, cruel, glares, sending shivers down my spine.

     "Please, be careful." I hand his knife back. He doesn't smile, but like, his light came back into his face. His eyes twinkled with excitement. Excitement to prove himself to the group.

     "Thank you. I won't loose or drop it again." He takes the knife before letting out a confident, "I promise." And then leaving again.