"Thank you, Love."

(Summary: sad boy Aiden breaks into Ashlyns house cuz he's lonely or something + he had daddy issues also his dad broke his phone)

Disclaimer/Apology: (I've probably written this same storyline one billion times but screw it I love daddy issues Aiden)

Cw: Domestic Violence/Child Abuse

Aidens POV:
     It was cold. My eyes were sore. I made sure before leaving that it looked as if I weren't crying. I hopped out my window and ran to Ashlyns' house, 'cause I can't be in mine.

     The more I run, the more the cold wind stings my eyes, but I don't care.

     I finally get to Ashlyns' house. I catch my breath and start climbing. I knock our secret knock and she walks over. Her hair is loose tonight, but she still looks perfect.

     She leans towards me and I hear two clicks. Then I squeeze my fingertips below her window glass and slide it open. She then unhooks the screen and moves it. I hop through the window.

     "You didn't text me that you'd be here." She points out.

     "I couldn't." I respond unknotting my shoelaces.

     "Why?" She asks.

     "Uh- I uhm..." she kneels down and looks me in the eyes, her head slightly tilted in confusion. "I dropped it."

     "That's... that- isn't true... is it?" She stutters, trying to read me. I sigh.

     "No. You're right, it's not." I respond. "Sorry." I can picture my father grabbing my wrist and snatching my phone from my hand. Throwing it against my wall as hard as possible. The shock of when he hit me. The pain, too.

     Ashlyn moves her hand to my face. I flinch.

     "Hey- you're cheek is really red." She informs me. Gently placing her palm on it and lifting my head. Our eyes meet. Her brows scruffle up, her face a mix of confusion, worry, concern, and sympathy. Then her face relaxes.

Ashlyns POV:
     I sit on the floor, my hand on Aidens face, wondering how his cheek got so red. Then I realize he's not smiling, like, at all and he's stopped looking at me.
     "Hey, Aiden?" I whisper. He hums in response. "Why are you here? Also what's up with your phone?" I ask.
Shakily he answers,
     "I didn't want to be alone."

Aidens POV:
     "I didn't want to be alone." I admit.
     "And your phone?" She asks. My throat feels like it's closed, my hands start shaking and my eyes well up.
     "I- I- well.. uhm..." my voice is shaky and I can't talk above a whisper or else I feel i'll start sobbing.

Ashlyns POV:
     He stutters and mumbles something but I can't pay attention to whatever he's trying to say because he's crying. I stand up and hold out my hand to him. He takes it and I help him up. Once he's standing I throw my arms around his waist. He hesitates but the hugs me back. One of his arms is around my waist and the other with his hand in my hair. We hold each other, just standing there. Soon I feel hot tears fall onto my scalp but I don't mind. He rests his head on mine.

     "I'm sorry..." he mumbles. I squeeze him and then say,

     "you've got nothing to be sorry for." Still holding me around my waist he holds my face in his other palm. He stares deeply into my eyes and then tilts his head a little.

     "You- you're absolutely perfect, Ash." I blush. He moves closer to me and kisses me. The kiss deepens, (not a full make out but like yk) my face flushing more by the second. He pulls away and he has this stupid dorky smile from ear to ear.

     "Dork." I remark turning away sheepishly.
     "Someone's blushing~" He teases. I put my hand over my face to hide it.
     "Ughhhh.. I hate you." I mumble.
     "Hmm... Maybe, but you sure don't hate kissing me." He says. I look at him, his big red eyes, his (fowkin perfect) jawline, his dimples in his cheeks, his pearly white teeth.

     Then I realize he's staring back. I hide my face in his chest. He hums- most likely satisfied with himself for making me embarrassed- and then swings his arms around my neck and gives my forehead a peck.

     "Thank you, Love." He says.