Gitar Girl

(Summary: [Aiden x Ash] Ash invites Aiden over, Ash reveals that she plays an instrument)

P.s. sorry for not updating in awhile! I'll try to go back to updating daily!

Ashlyns POV:
Aiden sits on my floor reading something on his computer and biting his nails. His legs are crossed and his shiny golden hair is messy and in his face. Suddenly he looks up at me, meeting our eyes,
"I'm bored." He whines, extending the 'r' sound longer than it should be.
     He moves his hair out of his face with one hand.
"Well..." I sigh, "what should we do, then?" Aiden takes a long glance around the room.
"Hmmm..." he hums, looking lost in thought.
     He points under my bed at a black leather box. "What's that?" He asks. I pull out the box and flip the notches on the side open. They make clicking sounds and then I push off the top, revealing an instrument. I pull it out gently and show it to him. He gasps.
"It's a ukulele." I tell him.
"It's like a mini guitar." His eyes widen.
"No, it's a ukulele." I laugh. "They're different."
"I didn't take you for a guitar girl." He blatantly says, trying to be an idiot.
"Well, I didn't take you for an idiot," I start tuning it, "but here we are." I finish. We talk a bit more while I tune it perfectly and then I strum it. I start to put it back in its case but then Aiden says,
"Wait! Don't put it away. Play me something!" Smiling wider. I groan in annoyance but decide to do so anyways. I get in position and play.

Aidens POV:
I tell her to play, 100% expecting her to say no, or ignore me, but she doesn't. Instead, she carefully moves the instrument onto her lap, adjusts it to be comfortable, and strums a few times.
     I knew she appreciated the arts but she's really a good player.
     Her fingers slide off and on the strings, a sweet song playing.
     The door knob twists and her mother stands in the doorframe to listen.
     When she's done I'm speechless. She giggles, awkwardly, and places the ukulele back into its case.
"You-" I sigh, at a loss for words, "You're uh- great." I smile up at her.
"I'm aware." She states, adding, "but that's an understatement." I nod in agreement.
    Her smile, her light, radiates from her. Her pure happiness is infectious. We all have highs and lows, but this high is VERY high for her. Normally she's decent, or like depressed. This is genuine pure happiness.
     I get up and sit next to her on the bed.
"You're really admirable." I tell her. Her eyes widen, like she's surprised. "Really." I reassure her. "Like, you're good at everything."
"Thanks." She says, sheepishly looking away. "Do you have any hobbies?" She asks, returning her gaze to me.
"Not anything I'm good at." I laugh, fiddling with my thumbs.
"Wanna learn the ukulele?" It's still on her lap, though in its case. I nod 'yes' and she smiles.
     She shows me where to put my fingers, tells me when I move them, and I strum.
     I'm still sitting on the edge of her bed, whereas she's now behind me, sitting on her knees, her arms resting on my shoulders. She teaches me about a verse of a song while she sings the lyrics. I mess up, we laugh, she corrects me and I try again. This happens what felt like hundreds of times, but still, I wanted it to last longer. Then, I finally get it right.
"Yes!" She yells, (too close to my ear) when I finish. She wraps her arms around me. I smile wide.
"You're a surprisingly good teacher, guitar girl."