[37] BUTCHER OR THE CATTLE.

"Ain't that right lil sis

"Ain't that right lil sis."
-Merle Dixon.

When Merle and I realised that sprinkling cold water on him wouldn't wake him up, we both took turns and began punching the helpless man in the face. The pain would soon startle him from his deep sleep and once he was awake and alert we would be able to get the answers we actually needed.

I had a lot of questions for Merle and he probably had just as many for me.

It didn't go unnoticed the way his eyes took in all the bruising covering my face. Not to mention the bruising on the other parts of my body. But if we got off topic now our people might die..

I nodded in Merle's direction, signalling that it was his turn to deliver the next punch to the man's face. His eyes glowed like a child at Christmas and a smug grin took over his facial features.

Merle punched the unconscious man in the side of the jaw and I watched with my arms folded across my chest, my eyes narrowed.

He stood up with his arms outstretched, looking to me for approval.

"C'mon, tha' was a good'en." He expressed his amusement at the entire situation.

I shook my head, lowering my gaze to the floor to hide any smirk on my face. Granted this wasn't an ideal situation, and I wished to reunite the whole group. But there was something about having Merle by my side that frustrated me in the best way possible.

I had my dagger in my hand.

Merle still had his homemade knife where his hand should have been.

The man next to us tossed and turned, as if it were of any use. Merle and I made a point of securing his hands and feet with rope tied together in a knot that Carl had taught me.

"Wait, what the fuck?" Was the first thing that came to mind when the man started to come round from his unconscious state.

His face scrunched up with each word he spoke, and I'm sure a sharp pain was settling into his jaw by now.

Merle began tutting from my side, knowing what this man was in for. He was either nervous or excited for him. Perhaps a combination of the two.

I yawned, pretending to be uninterested whilst innocently smiling at the man.

"What the fuck, indeed," I said.

His gaze darted from me to Merle, then back to me.

"These dog tags are really cool." I began by shoving them in his face and continued. "Can you tell me where you got them?"