[10] CAPTAIN HOOK.

"You're going to make it

"You're going to make it. It'll be hard but you're going to make it."
-Anonymous

The only thing separating me from death was the small wired fence between me and them, so I lifted my dagger before quickly sinking it into the walker's skull. I looked over at my handy work, eyeing up the group of dead walkers in front of me. There must be at least twenty-five of them. It was easier to kill them when they couldn't get to you properly.
Rick and Daryl were approaching me with stern cold glares on their faces. Whatever it was, it was bad. No Albert Einstein was needed to tell me that much. 

I wiped the sweat from my brow with the back of my hand, and quickly drank a sip of water. The pair stood in front of me, neither of them making an attempt to begin conversation.

I furrowed my brows as I stared at Rick. "What exactly is going on?"

Rick, frustrated with the situation, ran his hand through his hair and placed his hands on his hips. "The governor wants Michonne, and has promised us peace if we deliver her to him. By noon."  His bright blue eyes never left mine.

Guilt. Was swirling around his eyes.

I scoffed and looked down at the floor before returning my gaze to them; I could tell they were both serious by the expressions on their faces. After everything Michonne has helped them through, they are both seriously considering it, all for peace that we don't know we'll get no matter what we do.

Daryl intervened before I could walk away. "Merle's gonna do it, needs someone to go with 'im." 

My head was bouncing between the two men, like a fuming yo-yo. "I understand you don't want to do this. But it would really help the group out." Rick begged.

I'm not delivering someone to their deathbed, no matter what Merle says. It's not going to happen. No matter what Merle says,  If his terms aren't reasonable, we'll do it on my terms. "I'll talk to Merle first." I said as I walked back into the prison.

As I entered the prison, I scanned the cell block for signs of the eldest Dixon.

Everyone was preoccupied with something. Beth cradled Judith and whispered sweet nothings into her ear. Hershel was talking to his daughter Maggie. Carol double-checked the magazines of each gun ensuring they were all ready. Carl sat on a stairwell, fiddling with his fingers .Glenn was staring at Maggie, making sure she was safe wherever she went. While, Michonne had no idea what was in store for her.

Merle, on the other hand, was nowhere to be found. At least he wasn't in cell block C, so I moved to cell block D. God knows what that mans doing.  As I approached the cell block, I noticed that every single mattress had been ripped apart. The mattress stuffing was all over the place,  he was definitely in here

"Merle. You in here?" I called out, anticipating his response.

"Depends, who is it?"

Asshole.