[22] BED REST.

"I see my goals, I don't believe in failure

"I see my goals, I don't believe in failure. Cause I know the smallest voices, they can make it major."
-Lukas Graham

Heat exhaustion. Is what caused me to black out in the middle of nowhere, covered in a large amount of rotted blood. Too much time in the sun, along with being slightly dehydrated while working my ass off, did not go well. My body despised me for it and it was determined to show me just how much.

Fortunately, Daryl and Merle were able to find another vehicle in time, and we were all safely returned to the prison, with the walkers taken care of.

When I woke, Maggie told me that Glenn had shouted in pain, but not for the reason we had all assumed. Thank you, God. He tripped over a branch running through the woods, fell to the ground, and sprained his ankle. Apart from that, he was safe and sound, though momentarily off his feet.

Hershel had been looking after me for the previous two days; I'd been confined to my cell and only allowed to go for the occasional cold shower, which I was told would help me recover quicker. I was willing to try anything to speed up the recovery process because right now I felt like a caged animal, the more I thought about it the more it irritated me.

Hershel had shielded me away from the outside world since I got back and demanded I stay inside away from the sun to recover. The man even went as far as keeping someone in my cell to watch over me just in case because his words 'we don't know what we're dealing with, it might not be heat exhaustion.'

Right now Daryl was slumped in a chair near the doorway watching over me, chewing on his finger nails. Only reason it wasn't awkward was because I had become used to his long periods of silence. In fact I was sort of enjoying it. However, my memory from two days ago was all a blur, the last thing I remember is being my badass self and killing walkers.

"So, what happened?" I asked my voice was croaky and dry, reaching over I grabbed my water canteen and gargled down a few sips.

His gaze fell onto me as I tried to prop myself up on the bunk as best as I could.

"Passed out." Yeh no shit. "Grabbed ya, took ya back to the car. Were out for quite some time." He started explaining the details I missed out on. "Merle drove the bike back."

My jaw would have dropped had Daryl not been in the room, he never let anyone near his prized possession, let alone ride it back without him driving it.

Hawkeye was sometimes hard to wrap your head around especially with his walls way up high. But when those walls came tumbling down in front of me for the first time it was like I was witnessing a totally different person.