[8] ROCK, PAPER, SCISSORS.

"Time is everything we have and don't"-Anonymous

-Anonymous

Now that I'm back in my cell, I'm left to think about what happened in the woods. My leg was constantly bobbing up and down, and I had my head in my hands. My chest constricted, making it difficult to breathe, and my mind went into overdrive.

Was he a member of their group?

Certainly not, or Daryl would have said something.

Or was he one of the governor's men?

Daryl's voice jolted me out of my current state of panic. "We're goin' to see the governor, thought you'd wanna come, keep yerself busy."

In response, I gave him a brief nod.

We all took off together, Rick, Hershel, and myself in one car, and Daryl on the back of his motorcycle. It didn't take us long to arrive at an old, worn-down, rusted-looking farm.

At least, that's what I thought it was.

"Daryl and I are going to look around, and see what we can find. You two stay here in case they show up. Holler if anything happens." Rick briefed Hershel,and I.

We both nodded as Daryl, and Rick took off. The car was filled with awkward silence; there wasn't much to talk about, and I still needed to get to know the group. I'd met a few of them even talked to them; they all seemed like nice people, and I wasn't sure what to make of it. A group of strangers gathered at the end of the world and chose to protect each other despite having no connection?

It sounds like the beginning of a cliche film.

I jumped out of the backseat and stood leaning against the car next to Hershel to keep a better lookout. I had a better view from this vantage point, and my bow was ready in case anyone did show up.

"How's your shoulder doing?" Hershel inquired.

I smiled down at the elderly gentleman. "It's healing nicely, thank you." And for the first time in a long time, I truly meant what I said.

There was a brief pause before he resumed speaking. "Maggie and Beth, my two daughters, are at the prison. This was not something I wanted for either of them. Perhaps Rick will sit down, speak with the governor, and we'll all be on our way."

It's all wishful thinking. That's exactly what it was. It's what we all hoped would happen so that no one got hurt. No bloodshed, and no lives are lost. But that's not how these kinds of situations played out now.