[12] TAKE A CHANCE.

"Mistakes are a fact of life

"Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to the errors that counts."
-Nikki Giovanni

"What the hell were you two thinking?" The entire group gathered around Merle and I. Listening in while Rick, punished us as if we were children.

"Well, I thought I could take Phillip and his men out for some brunch. Brunch doesn't appear to be Phillip's thing." Sarcastically, I responded.

Merle beside me almost burst out laughing.

"It was yer idea. Sunshine over here." Merle gently nudged me. "Just changed that idea."

"They came back alive, even killed some of 'em, it don't help a lot but it's somethin'." Daryl, as usual, comes to the rescue.

Rick left, and the rest of the group dispersed to begin packing for the next stage of the plan.

Everyone expected the governor to arrive at some point, but it looks like he may arrive sooner than wedplanned.

As I reached the steps to my cell, I grabbed my rucksack and began loading it with everything I owned, from food and drink to books I'd gathered throughout my stay here.

As I strolled through the prison, which had quickly become our home. For the first time, it felt more like a prison than a safe haven. The atmosphere was so bare and lifeless, it had a cold gloomy vibe about it. I was the last person to enter this room. Everyone in the group had their own specific roles, but what they did together was give this place some personality, which took away the reality. Now that everyone had gone, it felt like something out of a horror movie.

I followed the group to the parking lot outside. The plan was simple IF no one was captured and killed.

The group decided to make it look like we had slipped away. Like we just e seemed to have abandoned the prison. But, the governor had no idea that we had planned to ambush them by stationing groups of people around the prison.

Beth helped me in loading my belongings into the trunk of the car, and I thanked her briefly. Then I began looking for the person I needed to speak to.

"I'm really sorry." I spoke to Michonne with sincerity all while waiting for her response.

"I understand. You know, if you told me the real plan, I would've came with you guys." Michonne nodded.

I sat next to her and marveled at her bravery; everything the governor has done to her, and yet she meets him with vengeance rather than fear. Michonne craved the same thing that we all did.