[6] ACCEPTANCE.

"Blood makes you related

"Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family."
-Miss Magrey

Michonne, and Rick carried the unconscious man's body, while Carl and I trailed behind, keeping an eye out for booby traps. During the apocalypse, this guy seemed to get extremely creative.

We all entered a room full of weapons and ammunition, everything we needed to take down the governor and his men. However, that was not the only thing that caught my attention in this man's hideout. His walls appeared to be a chalkboard with bright writing all over them.

Rick and Michonne both dragged the man's body to the back of the room, where he was then placed on a small mattress. Then we all rushed to put the guns in our duffel bags there was no debate; we needed these guns more than this guy.

"Take what you can, okay?" I told Carl before going to get some guns. He gave me a small smile, adjusted his hat, and went to work gathering weapons, guns, and ammo.

I moved over to what appeared to be a small work bench and began rummaging through the bags placed on top of it, collecting any ammo I came across. As I looked up at the chalkboard in front of me, a single bullet was placed in my hand. 'My eyes scanned the board for any information on more ammo or anything else we might find useful.' M my eyes where transfixed on a statement written in bold red, capital letters 'Daune turned.' It wasn't long before Rick came over and stood silently by my side, scanning the board as well.

"Do you recognise him?" I spoke to him in hushed tones.

I didn't get a response, though I watched Rick catch my gaze before looking at the floor and nodding slightly.

"No." Michonne and Carl put down the guns and stopped what they were doing to look at Rick, their faces filled with confusion. "We're gonna wait for him to wake up, make sure he's okay."

I walked around quietly, studying the rest of the chalkboards while Rick, and Michonne argued about what to do. I could see both of their points, and if I knew him I'd want to make sure he was okay too. However, this world changed him in the same way that it changed all of us, but in changed people in many different ways. Some people became weaker. While others became stronger. Whereas others crumbled under the pressure, and other times this world simply took away your humanity, and broke you apart. Bit by bit, piece by piece. There was no denying that this man was dangerous.

Rick shuffled toward the man, taking some cable ties as he began to tie up his hands, everyone knew they would not hold but it gave us a little more closure.

"Rick, when he wakes up, he might not be the same person." I spoke up.

"We're waiting for him to wake up." He replied sternly.