[4] ODD MAN OUT.

"Healing is about accepting

"Healing is about accepting. Not forgetting."

-K.tolnoe

Daryl was leaning against the doorway, Rick was standing in the cell right in front of the bunk. The silence was becoming deafening. Noted, they were not talkers when it came to new people.

"So who decided it would be all fun and games to shoot me. Any ideas?" I snarled. My initial thought was that these people were not a threat and just wanted to help me out. My thoughts have since changed since I ended up with a bullet in my chest.

Rick shifted his weight from foot to foot, hands on his hips. "Yeh we may have a few ideas."

I remained silent. For a second.

"Go on then. Tell me, I just want to return to favour." An innocent smile appeared on my face.

Rick gave a small huff before reply. "There's a small town called Woodbury, ever heard of it?"

Silently shaking my head I tried to decipher the looks on their faces. Rick looked concerned, worried for the group which would be normal if there was a whole town after them. Being the leader an all it's his responsibility to keep his people safe. Meanwhile, Robin Hood stood in the doorway wearing the same glare that I saw when I met him, just a little less murderous.

"The leader, he calls himself the governor. He took two of our people. Got them back, but he beat one of them, interrogated the other. He wants all of us dead so he can have the prison for himself." Rick explained steadily.

"Person tha' shot ya was one of his men." Daryl said finally contributing to the conversation.

I took my time thinking about everything, if this so called governor had a whole town, why'd he want a prison?

Before Rick and Robin came up here I already knew I'd agree to help them with any group, but not for their benefit, for mine. This other group might have Aiden, I couldn't miss out on an opportunity this big to find him. If they didn't have him, it would be another dead end but one less place to check off on the map.

Crossing my arms over my chest trying my best not to scrunch my face up in pain, I looked at them both. They weren't lying because I'd heard the group talking about an issue like this downstairs.

"You want me. To help you. Get rid of a group?" Pointing between myself and Rick.

"Yeh. Daryl told me you were able to take out ten walkers on your own. Injured." Rick looked over his shoulder towards Daryl for confirmation before continuing. Earning a small nod from his partner he carried on. "You were on your own before this. We need a fighter, a survivor."