[14] TRAINING.

"You are braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think

"You are braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think."
-Christopher Robin

It's been a week since Glenn chased a horse, and everyone is adjusting to the new surroundings and settling in nicely.

Rick has transformed himself into a farmer overnight, planting various seeds and watching them grow. Fresh water is also available thanks to Sasha and Tyreese.  Of course, we have to boil it before we drink it, just to be safe. But things are finally starting to fall into place.

The major downside is that having more people and animals causes more noise, which attracts more of the dead. Groups would go out on a daily or hourly basis, depending on how bad things were, and kill the walkers who were piling up against the fences. If those fences fell, we'd all be in danger, and if we weren't bitten, they'd destroy our gardens and eat our livestock.

Unfortunately, I was on the task of killing walkers. Normally, I wouldn't mind, but when the sun is hammering down and it's incredibly hot, you quickly grow agitated. Fortunately, the fences prevented some blood and guts from getting on my clothes, but by the time I was finished, it looked like I'd dipped my hands in bright crimson paint.

"Here." Daryl  raised his head from his motorcycle and handed me a rag to wipe the blood from my hands.

Being continually surrounded by these many people and not leaving the prison walls for a week made me feel like a caged animal. Stuck. Despite the amount of room we had, it seemed almost cramped.

"You and Michonne have eny luck?" Almost every day, the two would set out in search of the governor. We didn't even know if he was alive.

"Nah." He paused, shaking his head. "Gonna head out, look for him again in a few days."

I agreed with him as I handed him the cloth bag. "I'll come out, help you look. A fresh set of eyes might be useful." I have no idea how to track, but it might give Michonne a break.

Daryl took a sip of water; I had forgotten how beautiful his eyes were until the sun brought out the bright blue color, making them stand out against his dark hair and attire.

"Yeah thanks." His voice erupted.

Rick approached us and called out both of our names. He definitely had a task for us. Hopefully, I'll be able to go for a solo run. I almost missed the life-or-death moments, believe it or not. The adrenaline rush made me feel more alive; life can be a little dull around here at times.

"Go get cleaned up, Harlow. I have a job for you and Daryl."

This should be entertaining.