Chapter Nine

Fight scene

Word had spread of the impending duel and Taehyung  could hear the din of a growing crowd in the arena. Jin drifted in to his tent, looking not the least bit concerned.

"Your boy is still sleeping," he said.

Taehyung  smiled and closed his eyes, picturing Jungkook sleeping. It was really a wonderful sight to see. Messy black hair contrasting with snow white pillow. Full, soft lips with the two glinting piercings. Thick eyelashes and gentle breathing. His small, smooth body curled around a pillow.

That was why he was fighting.

He sighed looked around at the canvas walls and Jin gave him a knowing look. "You know you can easily defeat Boknam," he said.

Taehyung  nodded. "It has become...increasingly difficult for me to be without Jungkook."

Jin smiled and gave him a quick, friendly hug. "Aww, big bad TaeTae has finally been tamed."

"Really, I wish you would stop calling me that."

Jin giggled. "And that's why it will be your nickname until the end of time."

Taehyung  sighed. "I'm going to turn Jungkook...and then I am going to claim him as my mate."

Jin shrugged. "I figured you would. I mean, he's so...fragile. His neck hasn't even fully healed yet."

"There's too much that could happen. I can't lose him."

Trumpets sounded. "Boknam has arrived," Jin said.

***

Taehyung  faced his opponent in the arena. It was a battle without weapons, without armor. Pure physical superiority would be the deciding factor and Taehyung  knew he could win.

The rivals walked in a circle, sizing each other up. Taehyung  was about to lunge for an attack when five figures in full dark robes landed in the arena. The circled around Taehyung , wielding sharp knives. Taehyung  heard Jin let out a cry as he rushed to join him.

"Coward!" he shouted. He pulled throwing knives out of his sleeve and took out one of Boknam's allies. The crowd thundered with approval. Boknam had committed an unspeakable act.

Taehyung  could feel his control slipping away. His mind blurred. His vision was lined with black. Fur started to spring out of his arms and legs. Soon his body shook, and a searing hot jolt passed through him. He lowered to all fours and howled.

The crowd fell silent at the sight of the massive wolf. A wave of energy flowed from him and Boknam's allies all fell to their knees.

The wolf took slow deliberate steps to Boknam, who was now groveling on the ground. Another howl, and a scream. The wolf tore Boknam apart until there was nothing left.