chapter seven

Amelias POV

We're now flying back home. I'm still not talking to Charles. It really hurt me that he just left me alone at the dancefloor for so long just for some girl. I thought he liked me but I guess not. Maybe it's better like this. He's a ferraridriver and I'm a redbulldriver. It wouldn't work anyway.
'I'm sorry Amelia. I didn't mean to leave you there alone' he said earlier today. But why would he leave me for 40 minutes then if he "didn't mean to". 
"Please Amelia talk to me", he says now sitting next to me.
I continue looking out of the window and not talking to him. 
"Come on I didn't mean to okay. It was all a big misunderstanding"
I turn my head and look at him.
"I really didn't mean to leave you alone. She just wouldn't stop talking and wouldn't let me leave. Please believe me. I'm really sorry.", I wait a second before I ask : "Did you know the girl?"
I see in his face that he knows her. Even Lando just turned his head around.
"I-, no"
"Don't lie to me Charles"
"Yes I do know her."
"And who is she?"
"Well, she is my ex-girlfriend."
"Your ex?", now I'm mad.
"Yes. I'm really sorry. How can I make it up to you?
"I don't know. Now would you please leave me alone. I need some time alone.", I put my headphones on and turn away.
He stays seated but stands up after half a minute.
At home I go sleeping. I feel exhausted.
I wake up and read my messages. Charles has called me once and texted me six times. I lay my phone away and put on my workout clothes. I have to start training for the race next weekend. I go jogging to get my head free. After I eat breakfast and rest a little. In the afternoon I go to the gym.
"Hey how many sets do you have left?", a male voice asks. He has brown hair and is very tall.
"Just finished", I say smiling at him.
"Hey aren't you the new formula one driver?", he asks.
"Yeah. I am."
"I work there too. I'm and engeneer for Ferrari", he says.
I smile at him and we chat a little. Out of the corner I see that Charles is also here. Normally he isn't at the gym this time. He looks at me before walking away angrily. 
"I'm sorry but I have to finish my training but we can talk afterwards.", I say.
"Yeah sure, how about dinner?", he asks.
"Sounds good to me.", I say as I walk away. 
I finish my training and head outside where he is already waiting for me.
"I know a good restaurant just around the corner.", he says.
We chat and I follow him into the reastaurant. It looks very lovely. I get to know a lot about him. His name is Liam,he's 26 years old and lives in Monaco. In his freetime he loves to excercise and loves formula one. We actually have a lot in common and decide to repeat that sometimes. I ug him goodbye and leave.
I see that Charles has called me once again and I decide to call him back.
"Hey Amelia", he says. He sounds sleepy.
"Hey Charles. Do you maybe want to come over and watch some TV with me?", I ask him.
"Yes sure. So you're not mad at me anymore?", he asks.
"I'm still mad at you Leclerc but I don't wan't to fight with you. I wanted to talk with you and then maybe watch some TV. I also got ice cream i you want."
"Yeas of course. I'll be there in 5. Bye", he says.
I realise that I haven't showered yet and decide to hop in really quick. As I wrap the towel around me I hear a knock.
"Come in", I shout. I hear someone opening the door. I peak out of my room to see Charles with a bouqet of flowers. I get dressed and greet him.
"You got me flowers?", I ask him smiling.
"Yes. I feel so bad Amelia really. I-"
"It's okay Charles don't worry.", I say
"Really", his eyes light up as he says that.
"Really."
The rest of the night we talk and watch some movies. It's really funny.
"Amelia, can I ask you something?", he asks.
"Yes of course you can."
"Why were you talking to a ferrari engeneer today?"
"Oh so you know Liam? He asked me if I was finished with my set and then we talked a little why?"
"Oh just like that.", he says focusing on the film again. After some time I realise that he fell asleep. I put a blanket over him and clean up really quick. Before I go to bed I take a photo of him sleeping. I look at it a few minutes before I go to sleep.

Charles POV

I have called Amelia and left her some textmessages but she won't text me back. I get that she's mad. I would also be mad if the same thing happend but with inverted roles. Especially if the boy that she left me alone for was her ex-boyfriend. I hope she will not be mad at me for long.
Eventually I drift of to sleep and wake up the next morning when my alarm goes off. Today I go and play Tennis with my brothers because they are both in town.
"Man what are you doing?", Arthur says.
"Yeah what's wrong?", Lorenzo asks me.
"I met a girl and she's mad at me now", I say.
"Why?", Arthur asks.
"We were at a club and I was dancing with her and we almost kissed but before we did I pulled away because I was afraid. I then asked her if I should get us drinks and went to the bar. There I met Charlotte who wouldn't stop talking to me. So when I finally got rid of her 40 minutes had passed and she went home.", I say
"And? Just get yourself another girl nexttime your in a club", Arthur says.
"That's the problem. She's not just some random girl she's Amelia Thatcher."
"The new female formula one driver", Arthur asks.
"Yes this Amelia Thatcher", I say
"Well it's not that bad because she doesn't know that Charlotte is your ex right?"
"She knows", I say.
"You're in big touble Charles.", Lorenzo says.
"I know okay. I tried to apologize but she won't really listen to me. She also won't answer my calls or texts."
"Just give her some time.", Lorenzo says.
"Can you get me an autograph from her? Or better can you introduce me to her?", Arthur asks.
I slap him in the head with the bat. I then tell my brothers that I'm going home. I went home and ate some lunch. I decided to go to the gym in the afternoon to clear my head.
As I walked in I heard a familiar laugh. I saw that Amelia was talking to some guy. They talked for a little longer before he left. I know him. He's one of the engeneers of Ferrari. How dare he talk to her. Calm down Charles it's not your life let her do what she wants. I start exercising but can't stop thinking about Amelia and that guy.
I go home and start watching some TV. I almost fell asleep but open my eyes when my phone rings. It's Amelia.
"Hey Amelia"
"Hey Charles. Do you maybe want to come over and watch some TV with me?"
"Yes sure. So you're not mad at me anymore?"
"I'm still mad at you Leclerc but I don't wan't to fight with you. I wanted to talk with you and then maybe watch some TV. I also got ice cream you want."
"Yes of course. I'll be there in 5. Bye" I say and hang up. I head to my favorite flowershop really quick and get her some flowers. As I walk up the stairs to her appartment I get nervous. I want a little in front of her door and catch myself a little then I knock.
"Come in", she shouts. I open the door and step in. I wander around her appartment a little. I love how cozy it is in here. There are pictures hanging on the wall from when she was a kid.
"You got me flowers?". I turn around and see her smiling at me.
"Yes. I feel so bad Amelia really. I-"
"It's okay Charles don't worry."
"Really"
"Really." I feel really releaved to hear that. Finally she's not mad anymore.
We talk a little and then watch some movies. We're having a great time whe I suddenly remember today afternoon.
"Amelia, can I ask you something?"
"Yes of course you can."
"Why were you talking to a ferrari engeneer today?"
"Oh so you know Liam? He asked me if I was finished with my set and then we talked a little why?"
"Oh just like that.", I say and turn around again and try to focus on the movie. After some time I get really sleepy.