~ DRIVE ~

- Lily POV -

I woke up and my head was tilted, causing the world to be sideways. I was laying on a nice, soft, pillow too. I heard some light snores coming from the right of me and moved my head a little to see who it was.

Obviously, it was Clay...SHOOT! It wasn't a pillow I was laying on. It was his shoulder! What if that made him uncomfortable? He wouldn't have stayed there if it did, right? Unless he fell asleep before me?

My thoughts were interrupted by a soft "Hey." from Clay.

"Oh, hey." I nervously said while lifting my head of his shoulder. He picked up his phone from behind him.

"So, the mall opens 9 A.M. We're leaving in 30 minutes." 

"Ok-" I groaned.

"It's going to be fun. We'll come back with so many clothes and some other stuff too!" Clay jolted up and went to the kitchen. "Take whatever you want from my closet."

I went up the stairs and went to his closet. I took a grey sweatshirt with the words "San Diego California" across it. I put it on and kept the same pants from yesterday.

The shirt was super big and baggy on me, but I thought it looked cute that way. I trotted back downstairs and saw Clay trying to make some batter. On the counter layed sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, milk, eggs, and butter. The flour on the counter behind him.

I walked up to him. "Whatcha making?"

He look at me, from my feet to my forhead, and started laughing. "It doesn't fit you, does it?"

I figured he was talking about my clothes. "Yea, but I think it looks good on me."

"Yea, you're right." he mumbles softly. He continues to stir the mixture. "Oh, and I'm making pancakes."

I smile after conjuring up an idea. I slowly walk behind where Clay is standing and dip two of my fingers into the flour. I turn around, my body facing his back, and tapped his shoulder. As he turned around to look at me, I wiped the flour on his nose. 

"Got a lil' something there." I giggled.

"I would get you back, but we don't want to be too late to the mall." he sighed and started pouring some batter into the heated pan on the stove. I sat in one of the chairs in front of the island.

"Here you go." he pushed a plate of pancakes to me. I quickly devoured it all. I don't know why I was so hungry. 

"Wow." he chuckled. I waited for Clay to finish his own plate, and maybe helped a little.

"I'ma get ready and then we will go."

"Okay." In the meantime, I tidied the couch a little, smoothing out the cushions and placing the pillows in a neater position. Not long after, Clay came back down. He was wearing a brown shirt and brown flannel sweater with jeans.

He grabbed his keys from the bowl he kept it in and walked to the front door. "Let's go."

I ran through the door and stopped where the pavement ended. The grass was still wet from the rain, but it was actually pretty sunny, surprisingly. I turned back around and saw Clay getting into his car. I went around to the other side and got in. I hadn't actually been in a car for a while now.

I move around in my seat until I was comfortable, and layed my back down. 

"Should I pick the song again?" Clay asked. I nodded and he went on his phone.

Soon, a song began.

- Clay POV -

I already played her Mask, so why not Roadtrip?

"People change like the tides in the ocean. At least I think or am I dead wrong? Foot on the brake, at the light I don't notice. I sit and wait until the next song."

"20 hours in an old van. Up the east coast, through the cold wind. Drove 20 hours by the ocean. Up the east coast, what a road trip."

"Now that interstate is paved with memories. Of a past life I lived when I was 18. And evеry winter, I think back to what we used to bе. In that past life we lived at 18."

"Uh, I reminisce about a past life. Things change, I get it, 'cause nothing lasts right? Yeah, and I was thinking 'bout her last night."

"Who's singing now?" she questioned.

"PmBata." I replied.

"Cool!"

"Ay, for a minute, we was cool, then we flew just a lil' too close to the sun. Now we finished, now we through. Guess we knew one day we would have to grow up"

"20 hours in an old Ford. Across the Midwest, thinking, what for? Drove 20 hours, but it's hopelessAcross the Midwest, what a road trip."

"Now that interstate is paved with memories. Of a past life I lived when I was 18. And every winter, I think back to what we used to be. In that past life we lived at 18."

"You're a good singer." she told me.

"Meh-"

"What do you mean 'meh'?" I shrugged and continued driving, only about 1 more minute til the mall.

"I sound horrible is what I mean." I finally answered.

"You really don't."

We finally made it to the mall. I never really went shopping unless it was necessary. I was always catious about talking whenever I went out, in case someone recognized my voice.