6. You Scratch My Back, I Stab Yours

Start from the beginning

"Doesn't matter," he decided. "Ingesting that much poison? You can't have more than a minute left,"

"Wouldn't be so sure about that," Y/n grinned, lunging at him with impressive speed.

He blocked her attacks with ease. She was quicker than Natsu, more agile, but he heard her all the same. Cobra knocked her back but y/n gracefully twisted around in mid-air. She landed on Cubellios using the snake as a launchpad to dive at Cobra once again.

She drew her hand back and it was enveloped in a familiar black and red mist. She grinned at his stunned expression and took advantage of his momentary shock, slamming her fist into his face.

"What the hell?" He snarled. "What kind of magic is that?"

She only laughed in response, landing on a roof with a dramatic bow. "It's what I'm known for, I am a thief after all,"

Cobra grit his teeth and growled.

"It doesn't matter," he stated. "You'll be dead by the end of this, one way or another,"

He leaned to the side, dodging a fire dragon iron fist. He'd heard Natsu's thoughts grow more and more impatient with every second that passed by. The kid was itching to move, he craved action. Cobra had figured it was only a matter of time.

Natsu let out a startled cry as Cobra knocked him back. Happy steadied them an areal roll or two later, hovering mid-air beside y/n.

"Don't worry," he told her. "I've got a plan,"

"You're going to attack from the left while thinking about attacking from the right," Cobra said, his eyes closed. He looked up at them with an arrogant smirk. "It's not gonna work,"

Y/n's palm met her face for what must've been the hundredth time that day. "Please tell me you weren't actually planning on doing that,"

Natsu sweatdropped. "Uh, no! I have a different plan,"

He shut his eyes for a moment and started humming quietly.

She exchanged a glance with Cobra.

Why do I even try?

He smirked, shrugging his shoulders at her. Before returning his gaze to the Salamander. "Flooding your brain with thoughts, that's an interesting approach. It can be confusing to have multiple going at once,"

He turned his gaze back to y/n and licked his lips, looking her up and down. "Some of 'em ain't half bad,"

"Should I be concerned?" she asked, taking a step back from the weight of his gaze.

"But it's gonna take a lot more than that pal," Cobra stated, locking eyes with Natsu, ignoring y/n completely. "You're too dumb,"

"You're not playing fair!" Natsu shouted and threw his arms up like a child having a tantrum. "My brain's getting sick of this, I say it's time we attack him head-on!"

"Aye, sir!"

Cobra simply leaned out of the way, dodging every blow with graceful ease. He smirked, eyes closed which only served to enrage the fire dragon slayer even more. His eyes widened when Natsu's movement's changed without warning. All of a sudden Natsu was landing blow after blow, shocking not only Cobra but y/n as well.

"You got lucky," Cobra growled and shook his head as if to clear it of fuzz. "I'd like to see it happen again,"

He spun around, catching y/n's fist with ease, throwing her back against one of the buildings. "You're gonna need to try harder than that sweetheart,"

She lay there, winded, before climbing back to her feet.

"Water dragon rapids fist!" she exclaimed, throwing herself at him once again.