A name flashes across my phone screen, I decide to go to the bathroom to answer to not disturb from the movie. Picking up the call I realize that it is Harry. A deep voice comes through my phone. "Ariana, I'm sorry that I haven't been able to really talk to you all day. But, I was wondering if you wanted to hang out now?" I think back to what the paperwork that I signed earlier, it mentioned that we were free to do whatever we wanted to do as long as we showed up to the area on time tomorrow. "Sure Harry, where are we planning on meeting?" I spoke through the phone. He mentions that there was a few benches outside of the hotel that we could meet at. I accept and tell him that I'll be there as quick as I could. Before exiting the room, I mention that I'll be back later. Walking downstairs to the front of the hotel, I realize that I am wearing my pajamas. Hopefully Harry doesn't mind my appearance. Looking around the front of the hotel, I see a figure waving at me. I decide that figure has to be Harry. Walking towards him, I realize that he is also in his pajamas. "Nice pajamas." He laughs towards me. I decide to laugh back at him and say, "Right back at you." We both find a bench to sit and talk about our roommates. He mentions that his three bandmates are the other boys that I have met and have different interests than he does, so it is sort of hard for him to make friendship with them. I state that my roommates were pretty nice, but we still don't know everything about each other. Harry and I exchanged conversations for about an hour and we realized that it was starting to get pretty late. He decided that we should head back to our rooms if we want to be up early enough for tomorrow. Harry insisted on walking me back to my room, even though I stated multiple times that I could go by myself. He dropped me off at my door, memorizing my room number before wrapping me in a bag. He proceeded to whisper a goodnight to me, and I did the same.

I enter the room to notice that the TV was still on, but all of the girls were fast asleep. As quietly as I could, I turned off the television and climbed into bed. Setting my alarm for eight in the morning. I decide to stretch my body one last time before closing my eyes.

☀︎︎

"Ariana. Ariana, you need to get up. We're going to be late if you don't get around!" I open my eyes to be greeted by Sarah yelling in my face. Did I really sleep through my alarm? Today is one of the most important days of my life and I'm the last one up. If only my mother could see me right now. I jump out of bed and put some random clothes on. Cher offers to curl my hair as I look a little bit more presentable. I gladly accept and proceed to do my makeup while she does so. My text tone goes off and I see multiple texts from family members wishing me luck. I also see two from Niall. He asked me for an opinion on his outfit and then sent me another asking if I was awake. After looking at the photo he sent me, I messaged back that he looked great. Cher finishes my hair, and then I quickly finish my makeup. We all make sure that we have everything that we need, and make our way towards the downstairs lobby. A small line is formed in front of the door, everyone is waiting on busses to take them to the Wembley Area. Luckily, the area is about ten minutes from the hotel.

We arrive at the area, and are quickly told to divide into four groups: Girls, Boys, Group and Over 25s. Emily, Sarah, Cher and I make our way over to the girl section. I quietly stood in the group looking around the main of the area. I see a curly haired blob waving at me. I decide to smile and wave back. This is probably the only time today and I will see Harry. Each group is sent off to a different location. A woman approaches us and states that she will be coaching us for today. She mentions that we will be later performing the song "if I were a Boy" by Beyoncé to fight for a spot to stay. She also notes that only about one hundred contestants total are going to making it through tonight. Emily and Sarah looked worried. I quickly flash them a smile letting them know that things will be okay.

Time passes, and we are all tired by the song performances start. We have been watched all day by our coach and the judges. My legs hurt from all the times we went through the dance routine. I'll admit that I'm not the best dancer, but Simon made it seem like I had two left feet all day. Emily, Sarah, Cher and I wait for our turn to sing in front of the judges/coaches. Luckily we were put in the same subgroup, and won't be separated.

Once we make our way on stage, our coach mentions that we will sing the song from start to end and contestants will be eliminated throughout the song. She states that we will be touched on the shoulder if we are removed. The music starts and we will begin singing, I notice a person walking close to where were standing. I closed my eyes hoping not to be touched. Next I feel a soft hand squeeze mine. I open my eyes to see Emily being touched on the shoulder. I slightly squeeze hers before she walks off the stage to take a seat. I notice that even through tears, she is still smiling and wanting the best for three strangers that she only met a day ago. This makes me continue to keep pushing through for her. A minute passes, Sarah is touched on the shoulder. It takes her awhile to leave the stage. I couldn't imagine how she was feeling. Once she finds a seat next to Emily, the two hug each tightly. Tears form in my eyes, this isn't fair. They are two of the sweetest girls, and their chances were taken just like that. The song finishes and I'm still standing. I look around to see about twenty girls including myself and Cher left standing. Our coach congratulates us along with the judges and sends us back to our rooms.

Arriving at the room with the other girls seems bittersweet. The second we got on the bus to come back, Emily and Sarah seemed to be extremely quiet and didn't even talk much about the situation that occurred beforehand. They both start to pack up their things and get ready to head home. "This isn't fair." I spoke up. Everyone stops and turns towards me. "Ariana," Emily speaks to me with tears in her eyes. "There's nothing we can do now besides go home and try again later." I run my hand through my hair. "You're just going to give up like that?" My statement seemed to give Sarah a little bit of anger. "I don't know what you want us to do Ariana." She spits towards me. Cher steps in and begins to calm us both. "I think Ariana just doesn't want you both to leave, right?" Cher stated before turning to me. With three sets of eyes on me, I nod quickly. Emily and Sarah both sigh, and we all have a group hug. After the hug, they finish packing their things and walk out of the room towards their cars. Cher decides to spend the night at her friends room, and tells me that I can invite someone if I want to.

With Cher gone, I decide to text Niall and Harry to ask if they could both want to hang out. They both respond positively and make their way towards my room. I hear a knock on the door, getting off the sofa. I proceed to look through the peephole to see a blonde boy. Opening the door, I get immediately put into a hug. "Nice to see you too, Niall." I manage to breath out from under his grasp. He pulls back with a slight giggle. We both walk towards the couch, and he starts to talk about today. "I swore that I was going to get eliminated today Ariana." I turned my head slightly and looked at him. He continues. "The boy right beside me got sent home. I thought I was next." I gran his hand. "Niall, you are talented. They would be dumb to send you home." I smile towards him. He thanks me and complements me on my audition that he watched last night. We both get lost in conversation for about ten minutes, then a loud knock comes through the door. Our heads both turn towards the door. Harry. How did I forget that Harry was coming over? I quickly explain to Niall that I invited another friend. He nods, and I open the door. Harry and Niall both seemed surprised at each other's presence. I exchange glances between both of them. "Hey mate," Harry starts. "Didn't realize that you'd be joining us." I stop in my tracks before speaking up. "Wait, you two know each other?" They both laugh, then Niall mentions that they met earlier today and stood by each other when they sang. I quickly understood. We decide to order takeout and pick a movie to watch. Since we were waiting for food, I excuse myself from the movie to make a phone call outside of the room.