Chapter Nine - Con Job

CURRENTLY - IN THE AUTOBOT BASE

Arcee and Momonga were sitting on a cliff, admiring the view of Jasper Nevada.  "This is quite the sight."  Momonga commented while dangling his feet over the rocky overhang. 

The man was taking a break from the Autobots' shenanigans, just for the day. Considering how catastrophic things could be, sometimes, he felt that he earned a break.

Arcee hummed in agreement.  "Yeah, it's very peaceful."

"I never saw anything like this in my old wo- home."  Momonga corrected himself.  "The air is fresh, the plant life is incredible, and I'm enjoying this new experience with a friend." He offered a smile, genuinely pleased with the tranquillity.

Arcee smiled to herself, moving her optics towards the Overlord.  "I never imagined someone like you considering me a friend. It feels nice, but strange."

Momonga nodded his head.  "Of course; you're the most interesting person in the group, in my opinion. The others are just too stiff and artificial." Arcee couldn't help but laugh at her partner's blunt comments for her teammates.

"I consider you a friend too, Suzuki."  She paused once again before continuing.  "It's just a shame you manage to get on my nerves so often."  Momonga groaned at her words, which earned him a quiet laugh from the blue Femme.

Unfortunately, the moment was ruined when Arcee received a call from base. Momonga looked at his partner, expecting her to provide context; he didn't like being left in the dark, it provided more ways to surprise him.

Arcee sighed.  "Ratchet wants us to return to base." The Fem didn't clarify as she stood up from the cliff and transformed.

With a heavy sigh, Momonga hopped on the provided seat before speaking.  "This better be worth it."  Arcee once again laughed before speeding down the road towards the Silo.

TIMESKIP - AUTOBOT BASE

Momonga and Arcee pulled into the base, just as everyone gathered around one of the green monitors. "Why did you call us back?"  Momonga jumped off Arcee's vehicular form and interrogated the group.

The two-wheeler transformed, stretching her waist, before walking towards the group. Her partner followed close behind while checking that his illusion was still in effect, concealing his true identity.

"I'm receiving a signal from a restricted band. It appears to be coming from a starship inside this solar system,"  Ratchet explained.  "It's... an Autobot identification beacon."

"Wait, there are other bots out there?"  Jack asked from the platform beside the monitor.

Momonga turned to Jack,  "I would assume they all decided to split up to avoid being detected by the Decepticons."  His words earned surprised nods from the Autobots. They didn't expect him to piece it together so quickly.

"But 'Cons have been known to use false beacons."  Arcee interjected, gaining everyone's attention. She noticed Momonga nodding alongside her, arms folded.

"I agree with Arcee,"  he added.  "It could be a trick."

Optimus remained silent after hearing the concerns of both Arcee and Momonga. The Prime turned to face the screen, optics narrowed, and tried to establish communications.

"Unknown vessel. This is Autobot Outpost Omega One, identify yourself."  He spoke sternly over the comms.

There was a long pause before a voice replied,  "I've had warmer welcomes from Decepticon Combat Brigades."  A Mech seemed to answer on the other side of the call.