Chapter Five - Darkness Rising, Part 2

3RD POV - MOMONGA'S HOME

The sun glistened upon Arcee's vehicle mode as she slowly awoke from her recharge. She transformed and moved to call Momonga from his bungalow, only to hear strange mumblings from the garden.

She walked over to the side of the building and found Momonga writing something down in a leather book. Arcee shifted her optics towards a large blade that leaned against the brick wall of the bungalow, obviously confused.

However, bemusement quickly shifted to amazement as Momonga equipped the sharp weapon and swung it lightly towards a large boulder crafted from sandstone. She watched as the blade cleaved the boulder in half.

Arcee was astounded.  "Suzuki? H-how did you-....."  she continued staring in shock, unable to finish her sentence.

Momonga noticed her presence and turned around to acknowledge her.  "Ah, Arcee. I see you have finally awoken."  The Overlord approached his guardian and -without looking- threw his sword into the broken rock.

Arcee blinked in surprise before shaking it off and replying,  "We should....probably head back to base. The others are waiting."

He nodded.  "Understood. Give me a moment to lock up my house."  He wandered inside and checked his locks before moving towards the exit. Still paranoid, he cast [True Lock] and walked out the building.

Momonga found Arcee waiting for him in vehicular mode, earning a humoured breath from the disguised Undead. He walked over and sat upon the leather seat, allowing Arcee to rev her engine and drive away.

Both of them were silent as they enjoyed the beautiful scenery. After checking her surroundings to see if anyone was around, she said,  "Hold on tight, Suzuki."  Momonga obeyed, and Arcee shot forward at high speeds.

The Overlord held back his gasp.  "What's with the enthusiasm?"  he asked, seeming to enjoy the faster pace of his guardian.

"Figured you might like the ride without getting shot at,"  she replied, a strange mirth emanating from her voice. This caught Momonga off guard. He didn't expect such a positive response from the cold female.

He stared at Arcee and chuckled softly.  "I suppose a thrilling drive through the desert would be nice."  The Undead agreed with his guardian as they sped through the desert, enjoying the bright day ahead of them.

MEANWHILE - AUTOBOT BASE

Ratchet was alone in the Autobot Base, running some tests on the mysterious purple substance he found on Arcee's hand. As he scanned the thick substance, a loud jingling sound emanated from behind him.

The medic shifted his optics with a startle.  "Optimus?"  he asked, cautiously, but was met with an ominous silence that permeated the chambers.

Just as he was turning back to continue his work, the same noise rung through his audio sensors once more. Ratchet managed to turn around just in time to catch a possessed claw leaping in the air towards him.

Grabbing a nearby pipe, he began desperately swinging the makeshift weapon and knocked the haunted tool away. The horrifying claw proceeded to slice the top of his medical equipment, rendering them useless.

"I NEEDED THAT!!"  Ratchet screamed. The bot didn't seem to care as it jumped at him again, only to be shot by Optimus who proceeded to stomp on it.  "And STAY broken"  the medic growled.

Ratchet turned to Optimus.  "Now, what could have caused THAT?"  he asked while gesturing towards the now-offlined claw.

"I have a grave suspicion the answer lies with the substance you collected from Arcee"  Optimus looked towards the offlined zombie and narrowed his optics.  "Dark Energon."