Chapter Eight - Scrapheap

CURRENTLY - IN THE AUTOBOT BASE

The Groundbridge opened. Bulkhead and Bumblebee wandered through with a frozen containment pod they'd found during their mission to the Arctic. Both Mechs left the base while Optimus, Arcee, and Elita planned to search for clues to their recent find.

Currently, Ratchet was showing a small device to the Prime before he spoke,  "I'm not letting you go out until your sensors sound."  He pointed the device towards Optimus, Elita, and Arcee which resulted in their Autobot insignias flashing blue.

"Remember,"  he continued,  "once your core temperature drops into the blue zone, system failures aren't just likely. They're immanent."

Before either of them could respond, the sound of engines was heard from the main entrance to the base, and Bulkhead and Bumblebee drove in. The latter was carrying Raf and Momonga while the former had Miko and Jack.

"Miss us, Doc Bot?"  Miko asked as she and Jack got out of Bulkhead. Raf and Momonga were quick to follow their example and exited Bumblebee's alt mode.

"Shouldn't they be in school?"  Ratchet complained, though he was genuinely confused by their sudden arrival.

Momonga shook his head.  "We don't have school on a Saturday."

"We have the whole weekend off... to spend with you!"  Miko yelled happily before throwing both arms in the air. The Overlord sighed at her actions before noticing Jack walking towards Elita and Arcee, and he followed.

"I wasn't expecting the carpool."  Jack said as he walked over to his guardian.  "What gives, Elita?"

Momonga stood beside Jack. The pink Fem looked at the two before she answered the latter's question.  "Sorry Jack; Arcee and I are going with Optimus on exploration duty."

"How unfortunate,"  Momonga said while turning to face his partner.  "I wouldn't mind joining you on such adventures, it would be like the days with my comrades."  He offered a lite grin.

"Arctic exploration,"  Arcee clarified, raising an optic ridge and placing a hand against her hip. The Fem began tapping her pede against the floor in a rhythmic motion, expecting the man to give in.

Unfortunately, Momonga did the exact opposite as he replied.  "Is that all? I used to travel all around the world with my friends!"

"Wait, you've travelled the world?"  Jack asked his friend with widened eyes.

Arcee ignored Jack's inquiry and turned to face the Overlord.  "I'm sorry, Suzuki. it's still no."  She offered an apologetic look, knowing how much he enjoyed reminiscing about his past, and attempted to change the subject.

"Anyway,"  she started,  "how's your research going?"

Her simple question earned a look of jubilation from Momonga as he pulled out his notebook, the craftmanship still amazing everyone on Team Prime.  "It has gone marvellously. So much Cybertronian ingenuity. So many types!"

Arcee sighed, realising that her partner wasn't going to stop mumbling about research for the rest of the day. She was sure Ratchet wouldn't mind, though; the Medic always enjoyed seeing others take an interest in his work, even if he wouldn't admit it.

Momonga eventually stopped rambling as he looked at Arcee.  "Be careful out there,"  he said warningly,  "I am aware of your vulnerability to immense cold."

The Fem sighed but smiled at her friend's concern.  "Don't worry, I can handle myself. I won't be too long,"  she added before walking away, leaving Momonga somewhat reassured and contempt to let her go.