Chapter Four - Darkness Rising, Part 1

MOMONGA POV - AUTOBOT BASE

The Overlord watched silently as Optimus finished explaining everything.  "Since you know of our existence, I fear that as of last night, the Decepticons know of yours as well"  Optimus said with obvious concern.

"Got it. If we see any strange vehicles, call 911."  Jack replied with immense anxiety.  "Can we go now?"

"Are you insane?"  Miko yelled.  "I'm living a dream here in Botswana! And I will NOT allow you -or even Suzuki- to shatter it!"

Momonga stared at the girl before looking back towards the Autobots, hoping that if anything interesting were to be mentioned, he could make notes.

"It is best that you remain under out watch,"  the Prime explained.  "At least until we can determine our enemies' objectives."  Momonga grinned, seeing it as a chance to gain more intel.

However, he was pulled from such thoughts once Ratchet spoke up.  "Optimus, with all due respect, the human children are in as much danger here as anywhere,"  he said spitefully.

"Children?"  Jack complained whilst Momonga stood to his right, clearly dissatisfied with Ratchet's choice of words; the Overlord could easily defeat every single one of them with his weakest spells, he was far from weak.

"They have no protective shell,"  Ratchet said.  "If they go underfoot, they will go....."  He paused in the middle of speaking as he struggled to find the right words.

"You mean our anatomy will be crushed, resulting in our organs and muscles being compressed to the point of fusional change?"  Momonga suggested. Even with a basic education, he'd always been really smart.

Ratchet stared at the disguised Undead with widened optics. He didn't expect him to provide such an in-depth explanation for human compression.  "I....yes, I suppose."

Optimus stared at Momonga cautiously before shifting his gaze to his Medic.  "Then for the meantime,"  He replied,  "we must watch where we step."  Ratchet merely rolled his optics and scoffed, glancing towards the Overlord.

Just then, an alarm began ringing throughout the base. The everyone's eyes fell upon a bright, red light that flashed violently on the ceiling. Meanwhile, the Autobots gathered closer as they seemed to be awaiting the arrival of another person.

"What's that?"  Jack asked, clearly surprised.

"Just the proximity sensors,"  Elita reassured.  "That means someone's up top."  This small piece of information earned a look of interest from Momonga as he looked towards a human-sized elevator at the back of the chambers.

Jack -on the other hand- only seemed to grow more confused.  "I thought we were the only ones who knew about you guys."  He said with a raised eyebrow.

"Did you think the government wouldn't find out about giant aliens utilising one of their military outposts?"  The Undead sighed at his friend's stupidity.

"Special Agent Fowler is our designated liaison to the outside world."  Optimus explained to the human children.  "It would be best if you did not meet him at this time, even you Suzuki."

The humans and Momonga retreated into a nearby hallway as the main elevator reached the lower floor, its metal door slowly opening to reveal a middle-aged man in a dark blue suit. Most likely Agent Fowler. 

"Seven wrecks, thirty four fender-benders, a three-hour traffic jam."  Agent Fowler stated before leaning on the railings.  "And of particular note, numerous reports of a speeding Motorcycle, pink Ferrari, and custom-painted yellow Muscle car! So, anything you want to get off your tin chest, Prime?"