"Do you want some soup now?"

"I'll try it," I told her not really thinking that I would be able to eat it. Of course as soon as the smell of food hit me I was rushing to the bathroom just to throw up. 

"That's it, get dressed," my mom said coming into the bathroom.

"Why," I asked. 

"I'm taking you to see the doctor," she answered.

"No, mom, that's not necessary," I said. "Just give it until tomorrow; if I'm not better by then I promise you that I'll let you take me to go see the doctor."

"Fine, go lie down while I try to find something that you can actually keep down." 

I knew she was frustrated that I was refusing that she take me to the doctor, but I absolutely hated going anywhere near the hospital. 

A little bit later I heard the doorbell and thought that it was unusual. A couple minutes later my mom knocked on my bedroom door and then walked in with another lady close behind her. 

"Who's this," I asked her. 

"It's Mrs. Wilkins from church, don't you remember her," my mom asked me.

"Yeah, aren't you a nurse," I asked Mrs. Wilkins. 

"Yes, I am," Mrs. Wilkins answered. "Your mother called me and told me what's going on and that you don't feel too well. She was so worried about your well being that she called me." 

"Mom, I'm telling you that it's probably just the gosh dang flu."

"Oh well, we'll see about that then won't we," she said. 

"You worry to much," I muttered under my breath.

"Will you leave us alone for a minute or two," Mrs. Wilkins asked my mom.

"Yeah, sure," my mom replied. "I'll just go put the cookies away for tomorrow."

After my mom left the room, Mrs. Wilkins asked, "So how are you feeling?"

"Not so good, I guess," I answered. 

"How long have you been feeling sick for?"

"The past month I haven't had that great of an appetite, and I have been throwing up a lot." 

"May I ask when you had your last period?"

"I didn't get it last month, but I didn't think too much of it since I've always had irregular periods."

"Did you happen to be involved in any sexual activity over the summer at all that you remember?"

"No, I've never even had a boyfriend before." 

"All right, I think that it would be best if you let your mom take you to go see a doctor," Mrs. Wilkins told me. 

"What do you think is wrong," I asked her. 

"Well, as hard as it is for me to say this," she said, "but I honestly think that you might be pregnant. Although, if it is something else, you want to catch it early."

"Okay, you can go ahead and tell my mom that you think her daughters pregnant," I scoffed. "She ain't gonna like it, I can tell you that much."