☆ Chapter 12 ☆

☆ ☆ ☆

•°☆Don't forget to vote, comment, & save☆°•

~Back to the story~

☆ ☆ ☆

The security officer stared down at the two, marching over with intent to interrogate and, presumably, arrest them.

   "What do we do?" Asked (Y/n). The speed of her heart beat moved faster than ever before; more than when she was caught late for class in the hallway in high school; more than when she broke the family's heirloom vase; and more than when she once left her purse at the restaurant.

   She was a good girl; someone who wouldn't be caught dead in trouble with the law if she could help it. There was desperation in her eyes as she peered at her friend. Lucky enough for her, Peter didn't mind getting into a little trouble. In fact, he enjoyed it.

   "Don't worry," he assured. "We got this." With one quick wink, he sped over to the man and knocked him down in a flash.

   The security officer fell to the floor with a big clap to the title. He groaned and writhed, reaching for his elbow and shutting his eyes closed.

   Peter nodded to (Y/n). "Okay, now it's your turn. Do your thing."

   "What thing? What are you expecting me to do?" She panicked and threw her arms around when she spoke.

   "You know, use some mind-power and make him forget seeing us," said Peter, wiggling his fingers to his head for visual instruction. "Make him think he just had a slip. That's all."

   (Y/n) quickly agreed. There was no time to waste and, given that she had managed to trick her parents with an illusion, Peter's plan may actually work. "Alright, sure, why not?" She concentrated on the man that was currently attempting to get back to his feet.

   As he slowly stood up, his face began to contort into confusion. He paused, looked around everywhere around the hall besides (Y/n) and Peter, and shook his head. She continued to keep him in her focus, watching him straighten his military uniform and walk past them, turning his head to look down the hall before making a right turn into another corridor.

   "Ah-ha!" Said Peter with a jaw-dropping smile. He grabbed (Y/n) by the shoulder and gave a few pats on the back. "You actually did it, holy shit!"

   (Y/n) was taken aback. "What, you didn't think I could?" She broke away from him and chuckled. "I mean, you were the one that even suggested it."

   Peter shrugged, but kept the toothy smile on his face, clearly astonished. "Yeah, I did, but I wasn't sure it'd work." He laughed. "I thought I was gonna have to bop that guy in the head and give him a concussion!" (Y/n) felt the need to counter back, but Peter walked off. "Come on, let's get this jail break done!"

   "You're going to get us killed one of these days." She shook her head and, similarly to the military security officer, marched after Peter to wherever they needed to be.

   "You worry too much, (Y/n), you know that?" He ruffled her hair and pulled out a military cap, roughly placing on top of her head as they kept walking.

   She grabbed the hat off her head and inspected it. "Wha- when did you?"

   "It gets funnier each time you forget I can just swipe things whenever I want." He hurried forward to the kitchen entrance. "Like what I'm about to do right now." He peered inside and surveyed the room with (Y/n) close by his side, pressed against the wall to avoid being seen again.