☆ Chapter 8 ☆

☆ ☆ ☆

•°☆Don't forget to vote, comment, & save☆°•

~Back to the story~

☆ ☆ ☆

The next day at work went by quickly enough. Sure, Peter and (Y/n) were bored, but at least they were bored together.

   "Ugh, finally time to close up shop for Ed," said (Y/n). She stuffed her books and pencil case into her bag and threw it over her shoulder to carry out. "He'll be here any minute now, so let's hurry up and get out of here."

   Peter zoomed to the door. "Alright, then you hurry up, slow-poke." He pushed her head with his index finger on her way out.

   (Y/n) sighed. "I get it; you're fast or whatever." She locked the door, gave it a jostle, and turned to get to her car. As she turned on her heel, her notes for class fell out and hit the pavement.

   "Whoa, whoa, what's this here?" Said Peter, picking up the notebook. He held it up for her to clearly see it in his hand with the dumbest look on his face. "Let's see what's in here, shall we?" He teased, opening the notebook and pretending to read straight from it.

   She suppressed her giggle as she ran back to him. "Peter, please, give me that before you rip the pages!" She leaned over and reached for it, only to have Peter hold it high above their heads as he continued to 'read' from it.

   "Dear diary, I am sooo boring and lame," he laughed through his teeth, struggling to keep the notebook away from (Y/n) who was nearly climbing him to get to it. "Also, I think Peter is super dreamy! He's just so hilarious and an absolute dream boat!"

   "Pft! You wish, you weirdo!" (Y/n), realizing grabbing the notes was practically impossible, reached over to tickle his stomach, causing Peter to fumble and drop her notes. Luckily, she was able to catch the notebook before it hit the ground. "Ha! That'll teach you not to snatch my stuff!"

   Peter brightly smiled, allowing (Y/n) to notice his dimples on his rosy cheeks. "That was foul play right there." He caught his breath and stuffed his hands in his pockets.

   (Y/n) briefly admired him; the way he stood there, sincerely smiling without a care in the world except that moment. She was glad to be able to call him at least her friend. "Yeah, well I didn't appreciate the slander you were spewing out," she joked.

It grew quiet with only the passing cars on the road making any noise along with the light breeze of the wind. Then, he broke the silence.

   "Are you busy right now?"

   She tilted her head to the side in thought. "Am I busy right now? Hm, let me see..." (Y/ n) thought of her options: go home and be bored; go to the library to study and be bored; or say 'yes' to whatever Peter had in mind and actually have fun outside of work for once. The answer seemed clear as day to her. "No, not busy, why?"

   He looked down and took several steps closer, kicking the gravel underneath his shoes as he did. "I was just going to ask if you'd like to, I don't know, come back to my place for dinner."

   "Oh, that's actually-"

   "You don't have to if you don't want to, though," he assured, throwing his hands up in defense. "I just thought it'd be a way to pay you back for all the other times you brought lunch to work."

   (Y/n) shook her head. "No, it's not a problem, you don't need to return the favor." She looked to her shoes and nodded. "But, I'd be happy to accept your offer anyway."