Vol. 5 Chapter 2: Huh?

Start from the beginning

Ozpin: "I told you once that I made more mistakes than any man, woman, and child on this planet, and I wasn't exaggerating. I'm... cursed. For thousands of years, I've walked the surface of Remnant, living, dying, and reincarnating in the body of a like-minded soul. The Professor Ozpin you all met was not my first form, and clearly wasn't my last. It's... an extraordinarily strenuous process on everyone involved."

Jaune: "So who... what... are you?"

Ozpin: "I am the combination of countless men who've spent their lives trying to protect the people of Remnant."

Qrow comes back and hands Ozpin/Oscar a cup of tea.

Ozpin: "With every rebirth, my soul is eventually merged with another and I am changed, but my memories stay with me. This curse was bestowed upon me by the Gods, because I failed to stop Salem in the past. But we must stop her now."

Ruby: "And how do we do that?"

Ozpin: "We start... by ensuring the safety of the Relic of Knowledge."

Nora stands excited with a gleam in her eyes.

Nora: "This is perfect! We were stuck at a dead end, but now, we can just take little cute boy Ozpin to Lionheart and have him set things straight!"

Ozpin: "Please don't call me that."

Qrow: "We're not sure that's the best idea."

Nora pouts and groans and goes back to sit down next to Ruby and Ren.

Ren: "But I thought the Headmasters all took their orders from you."

Ozpin: "That was the intention. Four lieutenants I can trust, especially during times of reincarnation. But Qrow told me about your meeting with Leonardo."

he gets up and walks towards a painting of Mistral)

Ozpin: "He isn't just behaving irrationally, he's disobeying specific instructions I had left him. Something's wrong. I don't want to jump to conclusions, but I don't want to rule out any possibilities, either. No one outside of this room knows that I've paired with Oscar, and I think it may be best to keep it that way."

Qrow: "Play things close to the chest until we get a better hand."

Ozpin: "Precisely. Now, we have two steps ahead of us."

he turns around to face the rest of the group

Ozpin: "The first is enlisting the aid of more Huntsmen."

Ren: "But the Mistral council—"

Qrow: "Doesn't own every Huntsman in the Kingdom, and I've been here enough times to know where we can find some more."

Ozpin: "So long as they're trustworthy."

Qrow: "You can trust them to put up a good fight. I'll throw together a list tonight."

Qrow kicks his feet up on the coffee table. The table breaks soon after as one of the legs snaps off.

(Y/n): "Oh no! Our table! It's broken!"

Nora: "Good luck with that."

Qrow groans as he cleans up his mess.

Ozpin: "After that, we can move on to step two."

Nora: "What's step two?"

Suddenly, Ozpin has The Long Memory in his hand.

Ozpin: "Getting you four into fighting shape."