Being summoned to a satanic church

Although your skin is greyish and all, raising from the pool as some metallic liquid polluted the clear water after being summoned in front of possibly every brother and sisters of sin at the church, is not the first impression you wanted to go with.

Your tail flicks behind you and you stepped out of the pool, droplets fall from your silver mask and onto the floor, creating a small puddle underneath you. You turn your attention to look at the three people that are seated on a higher platform.

Sister imperator on the left, Papa Nihil on the right.

And 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐜𝐨𝐩𝐢𝐚 in the middle, you bow towards them as a greeting, hiding the urge to shiver at the cold air hitting against your soaked body.

Or was it under the cardinal's stare that filled with curiosity?

A fellow sister of sin walks over and passes you a white towel and started wiping the floor that you have accidentally spilled onto. As she finishes, she bows nervously to the three higher up and turned towards you for the towel. Before you do, you gave her a bow as gratitude. She looks surprised as she smiles at you, waving her hand as she spoke.

"No worries! You're on a higher title than me, so there's no need to bow."

You frowned behind the mask, your tail tapping against the tiled floor in disapproval. She giggles as she opened her palm in front of you, signalling for the towel. You shook your head as you handed her the silver stained cloth to the sister, wondering if it's washable.

The cardinal smiles at the sight, it looked like the sister of sin is asking her pet animal for a handshake. However it was interrupted by someone clearing their throat. The owner of the voice stood up and walks over to you.

The sister of sin bows her head, "Good day sister imperator!" Before scurrying away, you bow towards sister imperator as she nods her head at you. Grabbing your clawed hands as she clasps them together, like a praying pose. But with her hands over yours.

She muttered in a unfamiliar language as she spoke a blessing before opening her eyes. Sister imperator gestures you towards the crown of brothers and sisters, "All hail the new ghoul assistant of the church, Mercury."

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

As you walked down the hallway, you couldn't help but to feel multiple people's stares. I mean sure you're new to the place and people need to take some time to get used to you just being there at the church, but could they at least be more...sneaky?

You can clearly hear that there's more than one person that had been stalking you for the pass 15 minutes, they kept bickering and pushing each other. It feels like you're a babysitter whose the kids trying to surprised you from behind, but just couldn't keep their mouth shut as they giggle every now and then.

And you have to act like you can't hear them, but it's a hard thing to pretend.

You sighed as you shook your head, just wanted this to be all over. Your eyes wander to the glass walls that had been tempered with designs, the sunlight shines through them as the colours reflect onto the inside of the building. You turn your heels to your right as you quickly look for a wall to hide behind.

You hide behind a counter that presented the Grammy reward and waited. Soon you spotted ghouls and ghoulehs of different sizes walking by, one of the shorter one stood still as they stared at the empty hallway. They then turned to the group in disbelief, "Look! I told you we should've walked faster, now they're gone!"