Chapter 6: Fleet Week

Autonoman Presidential Office

"Mr. President, we just received an urgent report from MILCOMM regarding another encounter with the Great Sorcerous Empire from our first-contact encounter." Vice President Lane announced to the president. "One of our cruisers have encountered a small fleet of just two vessels, however they were lesser in size when compared to the battleships encountered by the 6th Destroyer Squadron."

"More ships? Were they able to identify their intentions for returning close to our waters?"

"Yes sir, it would turn out one of the vessels is a proclaimed delegation ship, carrying aboard three individuals who wish to make direct contact with us on behalf of their empire. The other vessel we confirmed as nothing more but a lone cruiser to serve as escort for the delegates enroute to us. That is all MILCOMM has determined at this time. They're requesting a decision from you for whether or not they should allow these delegates entry to the mainland."

"They want to send us delegates, which would mean they want to establish political and diplomatic relationships with our nation." The president stated which brought some positivity to their current situation. "I see this as the perfect opportunity we've been looking for. Allow them entry, and do our best to grant them a pleasant tour enroute to the capital. I'm confident you can come up with an acceptable impression before their arrival on shore."

"Very well sir. Should I get in contact with Secretary Adler to inform her of our imminent guests of honor?"

"Yes, do get in contact with her."
_________________________________
August 7th, 1701, 9:00

The morning rays of the rising sun spread out across the beaches and surrounding landscape of the eastern shores, with the calming sound of small waves crashing onto the sandy beaches and rocky cliffs. Compared to the rest of the continent, the coasts were usually the calmest due to the low presence of urbanization, with the land taken up largely by rural fields and small suburban neighborhoods.

From the ports of one of the coastal towns came a pair of ships never before seen by any of the population. They've had many foreign ships come to their towns to stock up or offload supplies in the vast network of overseas trade. Recently however they noticed the lack of incoming ships that would usually come to port day and night. Even more strange was the recently establish probation of all outgoing trade by the government. This all meant something was wrong but were informed they would be receiving an official announcement by the government next week.

The mysterious, chrome hulled, ships pulled up and docked with the assistance of smaller boats that helped guide the larger vessels into the harbor. With the lines tied and secured, three occupants from one of the ships walked off an extended platform and set foot on the concrete and alloy pier that made up the port.

Upon initial observation, the delegates were impressed by the infrastructure presented before them. Concrete was not an easy material to master and develop, and by this nation's significant use of concrete labeled that they were very much capable of producing and maintaining an industry that produced it. The noticeable use of steel for reinforcement was also to be noted, with a significant portion of all structures using steel in some way.

"Look upon their architecture!" Isabell said as she stepped off the extended platform and began walking across the pier. "All concrete and steel, not even a single significant piece of wood present. How much money must they have to afford everything to be made of such high quality materials?"

"Those ships in the docks," Lord Millan commented as he visually inspected every ship that was already at port before their arrival. The ships were indeed large, with the exception of several smaller luxury looking vessels and yachts. Even still, the large ships were still an impressive sight, some even sizing larger than a battleship. Their purpose obvious with the flat surfaces and bulbous tanks signifying they were used for the transportation of liquids and cargo, with cranes and pumps hanging above to manage the loading and unloading of all contents aboard. "It would seem they have a large focus of the overseas merchant business. That would explain the number of large ships present."