Chapter 1:Hanako-kun

Several days later...

  The strap of my bag cut into my shoulder as I hiked up the hill.Why did the Castle of Yugi had to be up a tall hill?I had decided to climb this hill to ask Hanako-Chan to bring Aoi back.It was a last resort, but it was the only option I had.Beads of sweat rolled down my forehead.It did not help that it was noon and the sun's heat was radiating upon the earth.I wiped away my perspiration, panting.This is not good.My water supply is almost running out.If I continue like this, I would get a heatstroke.I should have brought more water, or an umbrella at least.

  I sighed. 'Way to go, Nene.'I thought, 'You might die from heatstroke before you even reach he summit.'

  I pushed on for a few more minutes before reaching the summit.How was this hill venue considered a hill, I bet it was the size of a small mountain.I walked up to the front door.I tried opening it but it was locked.A door-knocker appeared on the door.

  'Is hanako-Chan helping me?'I thought.

  I knocked the door using the door knocker three times, then waited.After awhile the door creaked open, revealing the dark and damp castle interior.I took some flint and steel out of my bag and took one of the unlit torches strewn on the castle floor. After a few attempts I managed to light the torch.I looked at the darkness in front of me and gulped.Why do abandoned castles have to be THIS creepy?

  After exploring for awhile, I found a staircase.As I climbed the flight of stairs, my leg kicked into something. I almost puked after looking down to see what I had kicked.It was a skull!A real, human, skull. 

  'Calm down, Nene.It's just a skull.The poor guy died years ago, there's nothing you can do to save him now.'I thought.

  I made sure to avoid the skull, before heading up the staircase.I soon reached the third floor, and I started checking all the rooms there for the room of chamber pots.

  After awhile, I still had not found the room.My torch was burning out.I would need another one soon.Ugh, if only the room would just appear right in front of me-Then it happened.After walking a few more steps I found a wooden door.It was already open.It seemed like this was the only room with a window as the rays of the sun pierced through the doorway.I squinted.The deprivation of light except for my torch for the past hour or so has affected me greatly.After a while, which consisted of a lot of blinking, I got accustomed tot he light again.

  For a room of chamber pots, it did not smell half bad.I walked inside.For a room of chamber pots, it had very little of them.There were only three chamber pots.For a room named after them one would expect more than a few.I shook my head.

  'It's not the time to think about these thoughts, Nene!Focus on the task at hand!'I reminded myself.

  I cleared my throat with several coughs and then spoke.

  "Hanako-Chan, Hanako-Chan, are you there?"I said.

  After a while, no apparitions appeared.

  'Please let the rumour be  true...I have to sae Aoi...'I thought desperately.

  Was Hanako-Chan really just a rumour?To be frank, I was so caught up in my haste to save Aoi that I did not even question whether Hanako-Chan was real or not.Apparations!For god's sake.How could I believe that they existed?I was never the superstitious type.I was foolish for dragging myself up here.I will never see Aoi again.I'll never have a friend to talk to for the rest of my life.Tears welled up in my eyes.

  Suddenly, a chamber pot shattered.I yelped.Was Hanako-Chan actually here?I wiped away my tears, closing my eyes.When I opened them, a boy was floating in front of me.He had stunning orange eyes that matched the sunlight flowing into the room, and dark black hair under a cap that resembled a coachman's.He was also wearing a uniform that resembled a coachman's uniform.

  "You called me?"the boy asked, smiling cheekily.

  "WHATTT???!!!"I cried.

  The boy blinked several times.

  "What's the matter?"He asked.

  "Your an actual ghost!"I cried.

  "I'm an apparition, my lady.Get the term right."The boy said.

  "Oh sorry...wait...but isn't Hanako-Chan a girl?"I asked, confused.

  "No, it seems the rumours got mixed up."The boy, Hanako-Kun, said, "Just call me Hanako-Kun."

  How was this true?Ghosts-Apparitions are not real!Plus, since when did ghosts look so real?!I shook my head.

   'Focus, Nene.You have to save Aoi, remember?'I thought.

  "Umm, is something wrong?"Hanako-Kun asked, bringing my mind back to reality.

  "Oh no it's nothing!"I said quickly.

  "I see, well let me introduce myself formally first."Hanako-Kun said.

  He took off his cap and bowed.With the sunlight behind him, he kind of looked like an angel.

  "I am Hanako-Kun.Seventh of the seven great apparitions of this kingdom!At your service! :>"Hanako-Kun said, smiling.

Author's notes:

There's not really much I want to say, just that the next chapter will be out on friday! :> Have a good day/night! ❤️ ✨