Chapter 8

The house was packed, people crowding the doorways, music drowning out even the loudest of cheers.

Erza elbowed me. "This is gonna be rockin'!"

I smirked, although I myself wasn't so sure. "It sucks Levy couldn't come..." I said this as quiet as possible, yet I could feel my shoulders slump.

Juvia set a hand on my shoulder. "Is Juvia not fun enough, Lucy-San?" She asked, her voice soft, saddening.

I shook my head. "You guys are great! It's just..."

"LUCE, WATCH OUT!" Suddenly I collapsed, tasting the brown, grainy dirt. I stood up, fuming, wiping some off of my new designer dress, which was a violent red that ended above my knees. "Who did that?!"

Juvia cowered. "Uh-oh. Someone's gonna die tonight."

Erza shrugged. "Oh well."

Natsu pushed himself out of the crowd, grinning sheepishly, Gray close behind. "Oi, sorry Luce."

"Natsu! What the hell?!" Erza was still by my side, also giving him the I-Hate-You glare, but Juvia was by Gray's. They weren't married, no, but they were arranged by Juvia's foster parents and Gray's parents to be, so Juvia's legal name was Fullbuster.

They were inseparable.

"I was trying out this new thing you see, and it might have hit you in the head."

"Yes. Thank you for the warning Natsu, it's appreciated."

"Your welcome," he said, voice teasing. Slowly, I felt my anger subside. You just couldn't be mad at this dork for long.

Before I could say anymore, a familiar white head also pushed herself through the crowd. "Natsu! Let's dance!"

Natsu looked at me helplessly before disappearing into the crowd. I sighed. Erza, Juvia and Gray all were by my side now, each looking apologetic.

"It's fine, you guys. How about we dance?"

"Lu--"

"Let's dance," I said again, this time more defiantly. No one rejected the idea so we all made our way onto the dance floor.

Closer the music was even louder, screaming in your ear. I drank juice after juice, well aware they were spiked, yet no one had the nerve to say anything.

"It's so gooodddd!" I shouted, no one able to hear me over the music. "Juvia can't hear you LUCY!" Juvia yelled in my ear. We'd somehow became separated from the rest of our drunken friends except for Gray who was still dancing beside us, being the only one who hadn't touched alcohol.

"I said its so..." I could feel the rise of vomit coming, so I puked, all over Gray. He gagged, shooting me a venomous glare. I giggled. "Ooo, soorrryyy!" I slurred, wiping my mouth with my hands, the vile taste in my mouth beginning to fade after I drank more.

"You guys..." Gray grumbled. "Stay RIGHT HERE. I need to go...wash up." With that he hurried away. Wow. Someone obviously needs to read Drunken Friends for Dummies.

"Hey Juuvvviiiaaa?" I cooed. She turned to face me, beat red. "Wanna go for a riiidddeee?"

She giggled as I did the same. "Let's go!"

We stumbled all over the place in the dark, feeling our way around as we exited the party only to be met by a gush of cold air. Until we both heard a voice, our heads snapping up. It was someone dressed in all black clothing; covering even his/her face.