Taehyung: Pick Me

Thank you bangtan2509 for requesting this submission. I hope you enjoy it!

TW: EATING DISORDER

Was there ever a time in your life where you've had to work so excruciatingly hard to meet someone's standards; doing everything right in their eyes to seem perfect. It could be your parents, classmates at school, your own friends, or society in general..
Idols just may have it harder, as they have to meet beauty, social, and other standards of the Korean society to fit in perfectly. If they don't, they could lose their entire career, even after working for up to 10+ years to achieve their dream.
I for one have done my best to keep that from happening. It's been well seeing as how I'm apart of the largest boy band in the world, but it's not all sunshine and rainbows..
"Taehyung! Wake up, we have to go to practice!" I hear Jin-hyung shout from a distance, his tone piercing my eardrums.

Slowly rising from my bed, I stretch my sore arms before hopping onto the cold floor, flinching slightly. I reply back, "I'm coming!"
I hear my stomach rumble. Damn, I'm really hungry.
Shaking that thought off, I walk into my closet, quickly putting on sweat pants and a random graphic tee. My eyes wander to my clock, realizing what little time I've got left to get ready. Almost stumbling, my legs almost automatically walk to the door, the thought of food leaving my head.

After Practice--

I can barely stand as I haul myself into the car, hauling my bag into the seat next to me.

"Hey! Move your stinky bag outta my spot. It reeks!" Jimin exclaims loudly into my ears.
I wince as I slowly but surely toss my bag into the trunk, hissing as I reach over on my knees to plop it down safely.

I sigh deeply as I fall asleep to the smooth feeling of the tires going along the pavement.

A Few Hours Later--

I open my eyes to sudden darkness. Where am I...? Wait, am I in the car? God, how long have I been in here..
Lazily lifting my body up to get out of the car, I notice how lethargic I am. I realize how long it's been since I've eaten anything. 3 days? 3 weeks? It all feels the same at this point.
Opening the door, I stand up, feeling unusually dizzy.

Out of nowhere, my vision gets extremely blurry before it goes black.

3rd POV--
As Taehyung lays on the ground, freezing in the cold weather, a certain group of boys come dashing to his rescue.

"What the hell is Tae doing out here..!" Namjoon mutters, his thoughts now aloud and evident of his confusion and concern.

The younger two of the group carefully carry him back to the dorms.

"Why is he so light..?" Jungkook ponders, gaining an agreed expression from his hyung.

"Seriously, his ribs shouldn't be the prominent." Jimin replies, slightly lifting their member's sweatshirt.

Taehyung's POV--

Once again, my eyes open to- am I being carried?! I internally panic before looking up and seeing Jimin and Jungkook holding me.

They finally place me down, the others coming around and sitting on the couch.

"We need to have a serious discussion." Jin-hyung starts off, eyeing me worriedly.

"Yeah we're really concerned for you.." Yoongi-hyung says quietly, his eyes darting away as we made quick eye contact.

Everyone asks about my eating habits and such, causing me to be completely confused. The more that they talk though, things begin to click.

"Is this about me not eating food..?" I say, interrupting their string of questions.

"Well, yes. I haven't seen you eat for 3 whole weeks. And the rare times I have, Hoseok has told me he heard you throwing it back up.." Namjoon admits.

"Yeah, and we want you to be at your best..! Mentally and physically.." Hoseok says, a small smile peeking out.

They all ask why I've been doing this, and to that I say,

"I've always felt like I need to be perfect, all the time. After all these hate comments on my body, I don't know.. I felt like I needed to look better for our fans."

Their expressions are not what I expected, as they come over and each give me hugs.

"I'm glad you felt like you could tell us how you feel. I set up a meeting with a doctor and a therapist." Jin says happily. I smile to, finally knowing I can get help.

3rd POV--

After several therapy sessions and physical therapy, Taehyung has improved mentally and physically, so much so that he joined his member's on their world tour, not caring what haters have to say. For all he cares, they're just dead brain cells coming out of their mouths.

--

Once again, thank you for the request bangtan2509!!