I Play Bass but She's into Drummers {p.m.}

Paul watched you as you sat on Ringo's lap, being taught how to play the drums. Ringo's hands engulfed your as you held the wooden drum sticks. He grew jealous. Why does {y/n} have to fall for drummers?

Its 1963. Today, you had joined the Beatles during a practice session at the studio. They were good friends with you, and you were just amazed to see them grow like this. It seemed like just yesterday you were all in the first grade together. Know, you were all grown up, figuring out your careers, as well as looking for love.

It was no secret that you had a crush on Ringo. You were teased by the lads, becoming embarrassed every time. Finally, you had decided that today was the day, and you were going to ask him out. This would excite some hearts, and crush one.

You caught Ringo alone while he and the lads were taking a little break. Paul was sitting in the lounge area, the room next to the one you and Ringo were in. Ringo sat at his drum set, fiddling around with the drum sticks.

"Hello," you smile, stepping closer to him.

He looked up, grinning widely. "Ello, {y/n}."

"You played great today," you complimented him.

His cheeks went red. "Thank you."

"So is it hard to play the drums?"

"No actually," he chuckled. "I can teach you if you'd like."

"I'd love too!" You let out a nervous giggle as he motioned you to come to him, where you sat on his lap.

Your heart was racing. You were nervous. Ringo handed you the drum sticks.

Paul watched you and Ringo. 'They looked so happy together," he thought as he looked at you. 'Ringo was a lucky man.'

"Uh, {y/n}?" Ringo said into your ear. "May I ask you something?"

Your stomach felt as if it were in a not. "Of course," you calmly said.

"I-I love you." he tapped his fingers on the stool nervously. "Would you like to meet me for dinner tonight?"

"With the boys?" You say tapping the drums lightly. You wanted to hear 'out on a date'.

"No, I mean just us. You know, like on a date," he ran his hands through his hair.

You beamed. "Well its about time."

He chuckled, kissing your cheek. You had always wanted to kiss this man, so you went for it. You turned around, so that you were now facing him as you sat on his lap. You wrapped your arms around his neck, pulling him into a passionate kiss.

He pulled away, and you rested in his arms. "So I'll pick you up at 7."

"That would be perfect."
_________________________

Paul replayed the scene in his head that night, as he lay in bed. It was supposed to be him with you on that date, not Ringo. He loved you, and his heart was broken.