"i just wish smb would love me"

I heard were projecting ourselves onto our writing again? 🤪

- - -

Erling and Gio were sitting on a bench in the park.
It was warm in the sun, which was peeking through the last couple of leaves that were still hanging at the trees.
The others were laying on the ground, painting it in a swirl of yellow, orange, red and brown.

Gio fit perfectly into the middle of it.

His smile was charming, the beanie over his ears was only making him cuter, his eyes were looking wide awake at Erling and the world around them.

"I hate dialogue", Gio said and laughed loudly.

Erling smiled, swallowed and slowly leaned forward.

Just as he was about to get into the space of the American a loud "WOOF!" from behind made Gio's head spin around.

"Oh my god, a doggo!", Gio beamed like the sun itself and watched the brown-white animal run around on the gras, throw itself into the leaves and jump up again.

The owner was slowly walking down a path further away from them, also smiling at their pet.

"What a sweetie!", Gio cooed, not able to tear his view away when the little floof-ball ran past them back to the woman.

Erling couldn't help himself.

He took Gio's face in both his hands and smashed his lips onto Gio's.

The next second he deeply regretted his actions, not having asked for consent or given any warning, but then Gio slowly pushed back against him and Erling felt hands on his shoulders.

And in that moment everything felt perfect.

The dark leaves, the blinding sun, the cold bench and Gio's warm lips.