OS 14 - "I HATE EVERYONE (MYSELF)" | Gio Reyna x Erling Haaland

Gio cracked his knuckles and took a deep, confident breath.

You got this!!, he hyped himself up, jumped into the air a couple of times and patiently waited for Josh to come to the sideline.
Finally the ginger trotted to him, lazily gave him a sweaty hand and went off the field.

Gio felt the adrenaline pumping through him, as he ran onto the pitch, hearing the fans cheer his name. He smiled for a second, as Christian reached out a hand so Gio could give him a fast high-five.
Then he took another deep breath and waited for the referee to restart the game.

"Let's go guys, come on!!", Tyler shouted the second his foot touched the ball.
Gio focused and kept up with Tyler's speed. He ran himself free and help up his arm. He got the ball and passed it on carefully not to run into the Norwegian in front of him.
His teammates played around a bit in the midfield, trying to find a way to get through Norwegian's defense.
Gio got the ball again and ran into the corner to prevent offside. He wanted to shoot the ball right through the feet of people infront of Christian, when two Norwegian's came up to stop him. Gio danced with the ball, faked a couple of takes, tried any way to get through.

When he saw no other chance, he made another quick feint.
The right Norwegian snapped forward, making himself as tall as he could. Before he could realize the ball touched his shin and bounced back into out of play.

Gio grinned cheekily, when the American fans screamed and the Norwegian shot a dark glare at him.
They turned around and got to the penalty area where his team got ready for the corner.
Gio placed the ball into a comfortable position, took a couple of steps backwards and put his hands on his hips in a sassy way, waiting for the referee to blow his whistle.
He knew how scared the Norwegian's must be in that moment, he also could hear their coach shout stuff nervously from the bench. He didn't blame them. His corners are deadly.

Then he was free to go. Gio collected himself and took a run-up. His foot hit the leather perfectly. It flew in a beautiful curve. Feet jumped into the air, heads stretched. Too late. Jordon was the one to get the ball and easily headed it into the net.

The stadium went nuts. His teammate ran up to him, a bigass smile on his face, when they performed the little dancey-dance they settled on as celebration for their link ups. Gio laughed when he stumbled over his own feet and Tyler quickly had to catch him before he fell onto his face.

The Norwegian's responses to attacks got weaker and weaker, losing hope to catch up 2 goals. The fans frantically used the chant they made especially for Gio. A small 4 verse about the "Reyna magic", that "he's gonna score til Norwegian's sore" (they replaced the team with each game) and Gio's heart was filled with love for his team, fan's and country.

Motivated to score another goal the team pressed the Skandinavians back into their own half. The ball shot forward and back between the Americans. Very quickly they cracked Norwegian's defense just as Gio did with his knuckles.

"Gio!!", Tyler shouted his name.
The dark haired man looked to his teammate, who passed the ball to a striker and showed him to run ahead.
The leather went from Tyler to Jordan who dribbled through three whole players right infront of the goal-line. The only thing left to do was to pass the ball to Gio, who only had to hold out his foot and the ball bounced into the goal.

The "Reyna-magic" was in the air.

"LET'S FUCKING GO", Gio screamed at the top of his lungs, as he ran to the tribunes and jumped into the air. The last games were all close ones. One to one versus Jamaica, they almost got knocked out by Sweden, but nobody expected them to do so incredibly well against Norwegian. They gave a great performance. They were a team. It felt good.