"hm" | Gio Reyna x Erling Haaland

// Angst

"Erling, i wanted to, uh- talk to you..."

Gio fumbles with his fingers weirdly, when he stops the blond in the middle of his way to the pitch. They are the only ones in the hallway from the cabin to exit. Everyone else is already on the trainingground.

"Yeah? What's up?", Erling asks, putting his hands on his hips, shifting his weight onto one of his legs.
Gio takes a deep breath and faces him for the next sentence.
"I wanted to ask if you have anything you want to talk about? With...me specifically?"

Erling furrows his eyebrows: "Uh, no? Not that I know..?"
Gio exhales deeply.

"Are you sure?"

Erling lets out a little laugh. "Yes, I am sure!?"

Gio tries to capture his eyes, but Erling's view darts across the room, lingering at places for only a second before going on with his search after nothing.
"Okay, I'm not having this", Gio makes a step closer. "You're telling me what you are planning right now!"

"Gio, stop it-"

"No, I'm serious!", Gio's arms slump against his side. "What are you even trying to accomplish right now!?"
Erling's nose crinkles. But he stays silent, his eyes now completly drawn to the floor.

Gio lets out a huff.
"Oh my god... I can't believe you're doing this again", he mutters. "You're shutting me out, AGAIN."

Erling bites his lower lip.

"Why are you provoking the executives in all these interviews!? Why are you talking so much about England? Why didn't you tell me??", Gio wipes over his glossy eyes with his hand quickly.

"Everytime it's about the next step in your career you totally leave me in the dark. But this isn't only about you; I'm your partner, you should talk to me first when you discuss switching clubs!"

"I-", Erling's voice is only a hush, but he doesn't even try to continue.

"You know this!! I am not going to tell you again. We've had enough drama the first time. You know you just have to speak to me and I'll discuss it with you, support and help you, but like... this?", the American spreads his arms and points at both of them.

Silence streches through the room like bubblegum.

Erling shuffles around uncomfortably. His initial confidence was gone by now. He hugs himself, a pleading look on his face.

"I'm sorry?", he whisperes hoarse.

Gio scoffes in disbelief. He sniffles once, twice, but keeps himself together.
"Well. I guess this is it then."

The door at the exit openes.
Jude sticks in his head. "Ayo, are you coming?"
Gio nodds quickly. "Yes, I'm done here."

Erling jumps, when Gio's shoulder brushes his as he walks by.

The door falls into the lock.

A single tear rolls down Erling's cheek.

//

Vielleicht habt ihr mitbekommen, dass ich ein wenig umgestellt habe und probiert habe, die OneShots noch mehr zu sortieren! :D
Als Entschuldigung für den ganzen Spam hier ein alter Quickie, den ich nie veröffentlicht habe <3