OS 22 - ADEYEMI HEADCANON!?!? 👀

Nervously Karim fidgeted with the bracelet on his left wrist as they drove by the place-name sign "Brackel".

His mother on the steerwheel had noticed it already. Now that they came closer to the destination she raised her voice once more.

"It'll be okay."

Karim tore away his view from the window and looked at his mom who gently smiled at him.

He took a deep breath. "I hope so...", he muttered.

"You don't need to tell them yet! You can take your time! Today there will be many exciting things, a ton of new people and cameras. You'll take a look around, make first friends and check the vibes, wait til you're comfortable enough!", she advised. "But you know I would not have let you go to a club where you wouldn't be welcome..."

They fell into a short silence. Then Karim nodded. "You're right. I should choose intentionally. Vibes. Wait for the vibes. It's all about the vibes..."

He plucked at the entrance-bracelet from the concert of his favorite band he was on back in 2018 again while rambling.

"We're there", his mother announced, as she pulled into the street. Karim looked outside the window at the gigantic trainingscenter. Four or even five fields next to each other, four automatic fountains watering one of them already. Nets til 20 meters into the sky so high balls wouldn't fall out. And behind all of that the two big buildings watching over the area. The youngster academy and a financial building which wasn't too interesting for him.

His mom slowed down the car at a gate where a security guard checked who was sitting in the car. But as soon as he saw Karim inside he opened the gate and even wished them a nice day.

"Call me when you're done, alright? I'll pick you up!"

Karim nodded, not even looking at his mom anymore as he shouldered his bag and then carefully shut the car door behind him.
There he stood. Scared and nervous. His heart hammered against his chest. Anxiety fell over him.

Nevermind, he thought and wanted to turn around on spot. But the second he grabbed for the handle of the car door, his mother hit gas again and drove away.

Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck,..., he felt his breath speed up. Keep clam, keep calm!!

He tried to regulate his breathing and slowly made his way over to the entrance.

"Ahhhhh, who do we have here!?"

Karim spun around again. Marco Reus stood there, grinning at him like the sun in person.

"Hi!", Dortmund's number 11 gave him a friendly handshake. "Welcome at home!"

Karim was almost embarrassed at how released he was, when he saw the familiar face from the national team.

"Hey! Thank you. I'm very excited!"

I'm shitting my pants right now.

Marco laughed and opened the door for them. "Of course you are! Everybody is. Don't you worry though! I'll show you around, later Edin will give the instructions and you can introduce yourself to the others officially", he explained the plans for the day while they walked through a small corridor til he stopped in front of a yellow door and pushed it open.

"You're very early, nobody else is here yet!"

"Oh...", Karim immediately felt bad for making his mum skip breakfast.

"No, no it's good! You can settle in quiet. Once the first guys come it'll get full quickly and then it can get very loud...", Marco grimaced a bit, but then laughed again.