12

GIO X ERLING | Aschenfeuer

//

"I'm sorry, Mister Reyna! Could you maybe give us a interview?"

"Sure! No need to be so formal though, I'm Gio!"

Gio smiled at the young female reporter who got a bit red in the face and quickly turned back to her team to get everything set up.

"Gio? What are you doing?"

Erling came his way up to him, a half full waterbottle in his hand.

"Oh, they only asked me for a interview. You wanna join?", Gio proposed.

The reporter looked at them in confusion. "Wai-"
"Sure!", Erling grinned and licked his lips. "This is gonna be fun!"
"But-"
"On air in 10, 9,...", the production leader started counting down.

The reporter just grabbed the mic, looked into in the mirror once more and positioned herself in the right spot.

"Hello! I'm currently here in the Signal Iduna Park with Gio Reyna-"

"Oh, and Erling's here too!", Gio smiled and pointed at his teammate next to him who chuckled.

"Yes, uh, welcome? So-", the reporter went on. "How do you feel about the match? Went pretty good, huh?"

"Yeah, I mean- The game was amazing, the fans were amazing as always, the team", he shot a quick glare to Erling, "was amazing,..."

"Thank you! You were pretty awesome too, I must say!", Erling laughed and placed an arm around Gio's shoulder to drag him closer. "But we all know you're always awesome!", he winked down at Gio who was grinning widely.

"How do you feel right now? After all this...amazingness?", the interviewer chuckled akwardly.

"Great!", Gio responded. "I feel very content with myself and my performance!"
The interviewer nodded.

"But also very, very sweaty... and uh, very sticky-"

Gio looked up at Erling and found his teammate watching him intensively. He held eye contact, running his tounge over his lower teeth.

"And you Erling? What are you're emotions?"
"I uh-"

Gio slowly grabbed the bottle the other still held. Erling gave it out of his hand without Gio having to tug at all.

"I feel..."

The American unscrewed the cap with his long, delicate fingers and with took his time lifting it to his lips.

"...also very...ehm..."

Gio began to slowly chug the liquid. His defined Adam's apple bobbing up and down. A single drop of water spilled and ran down his chin.

"Eh-"

Gio set down the bottle and wiped his mouth.

"-happy. Of course I'm disappointed to not have scored more goals, but we won. And that is what counts."

"Nice words!", Gio smiled fondly at Erling.

"Aye, Gio, Erling!"

Their heads turned around. Jude stood at the tunnel, waiting for them to finish.

"Stop flirting and get your asses over here!"

"Oops, seems like we have to go", Gio apologized and headed off into Jude's direction, grabbing Erling's wrist and dragged him with him.

Behind they left a very confused interviewer.

//