Vol. 4 Chapter 4: Savior

Start from the beginning

Qrow calmly walks past a downed Tyrian smirking slightly.

(Y/n): "Pfffft HAHAHAHAHAHA!"

(Y/n) falls over laughing as Ren, Nora, and Jaune can't help but smile a little.

Qrow grabs hold of Harbinger but jumps up onto the flat of the blade as Tyrian charges to swipe at him. He pulls the trigger forcing it into half scythe form surprising Tyrian. He fires a blast dislodging the blade from the wall and sending him up onto the roof. Qrow grabs a long wood beam balancing on it vertically. Tryian jumps and slashes the wood in half forcing Qrow onto the broken, incomplete roof. Tyrian jumps at him blades first but Qrow easily parries and pushes Tyrian back. Tyrian laughs and dives at Qrow but Qrow dodges. The dive sends Tyrian into the building but he hooks his tail on one of the beams flinging himself back up to fire rapidly at Qrow. The shots are blocked by a spinning harbinger and another follow up strike is blocked as well. Tyrian blade locks with Qrow who looks at the roof and let's the madman slip by him. Qrow runs to the other end of the roof, the psycho jumps high into the air to attack but lands on a cracked beam and falls through to the floor below. Qrow attempts to jump off the building but his foot is grabbed my that damn tail, and he's pulled into the building as well. The force brings the roof collapsing down on the two.

Ruby jumps down in concern and runs to the building.

(Y/n) runs forward as well.

Before the two can reach the building the wall explodes and Qrow flies out tumbling on the ground. He throws Harbinger ahead of his path, impaling it in the floor. He uses it to stop his momentum and stands on the hilt of his blade. His Aura flickers.

(Y/n): (quietly) "show off"

Tyrian jumps out of the building to attack, his aura also flickering. Qrow flips off his sword pulling it from the ground and charges at his opponent. However before the two can reach eachother, Ruby intercepts and parries Tyrian's attack with Crescent Rose.

Jaune: "Ruby!"

He attempts to go forward but Ren stops him with his arm.

Tyrian: "Do you wish to be taken?!"

Ruby: "No! But I won't stand by and watch someone get hurt!"

She charges forward attacking in tandem with Qrow. Both attacks are blocked and Qrow is knocked away. Tyrian parries another strike from Ruby. He goes in to stab the girl but Qrow intercepts locking blades with Tyrian.

Qrow: "Ruby! What did I say! Get back!"

Ruby: "This is my fight too!!"

(Y/n): "Ruby stop!"

Ruby rushes forward behind the Faunus and swings Crescent Rose at his leg. Tyrian jumps the sweep and smiles back at her still locked with Qrow

Qrow: "No it's not that-"

He doesn't finish as Ruby screams and charges forward. Tyrian pushes back and turns his attention to the red girl.

She parries a strike from his tail but is knocked back when Tyrian front flips and double kicks her with his feet.

She slides back next to the destroyed building.

A part of the roof comes lose and falls toward Ruby. The girl doesn't have time to react and braces for impact. Qrow simply cuts the beam in half saving her.

She smiles at her uncle and he smiles back. Qrow's face twists to one of pain as the sound of flesh being cut is heard. Tyrian giggles as his stinger slices Qrow across the stomach.